Your Top 5 Knives under $100, no multitools (going to get pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Here is your chance to show your top 5 Knives under $100. Explain why they are your top 5 if you want to.

here are mine.

0920001931a.jpg

0920001931.jpg

#1 Ontario Rat-1. A great EDC blade with enough blade to do anything you need to do. Snagged it off ebay for only 21 dollars.

#2 Ontario SP-5. A 1/4 inch thick of hatchet replacing power. I have personally prepared an A-Frame shelter using a dead tree and a tarp with this knife. And its still got some decent choke up room for the finer camp tasks like feather sticks and such. Anyone who is lucky enough to own this sweet knife will tell you its built for wilderness survival. $45 off ebay

#3 Gerber LMF II. A great little survival/camp knife. Though I may never have to cut a power line with it, its capable. Gerber does the best factory serrations. Holes in it make it able to be securely fastened to a stick to make a spear. The blade is thick enough that I have battoned many limbs in the 4 3 inch area with it. And the sharpener that comes built into the sheath is actually wonderful.

#4 Ontario SP-1 Marine Combat Knife. My favorite military knife. Great for short outings in the woods. It batons, cuts, and feild dresses deer with ease. all at about 70% the price of a KaBar. The finish will start to come off with lots of use.

#5 Buck Stockman. Perhaps the best whitler pocket knife ever made. Just a wonderful standard pocket knife. My grandpa gave this one to me, so it doubles in centimental value.

Honorable Mention

Becker BK-7
    RAT Izula
    Spyderco Tenacious
    CRKT Van Hoy Snap Lock
    Kershaw Storm

Enjoy everyone :rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    1. esee izula (no pic needed) great edc knife to say the least

2. swiss army 1 handed soldier non serrated blade (great blade and tools for 35 bucks)

DSCN1295.jpg

3. case hunter trapper. cleaned a couple deer with it and its still razor sharp and feels great in the pocket and hand (bottom left knife in the pic)

DSCN0763.jpg

4. kershaw blur tanto. no pic but a great little knife with good steel

5. undecided on the last

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I don't have pictures. I finally found a EDC (non Work) carry knife that I really like. Spyderco Native: Amazon.com: Spyderco Native Lightweight Plain Edge Knife, Black: Sports & Outdoors

With CPM-S30V stainless, and made in the USA. It has been holding an edge very well. So I ordered another to have on hand.

All my other knifes are WAY under $100, and work about that well too.

My work carry knife is the little Spyderco Ladybug 3. Tiny little guy, but great sharp blade. Always have my Leatherman Skeletool with me at work, if I need serious cutting.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    umm...

SOG Seal Pup
    ESEE Izula
    Cold Steel Recon Tanto (Can't cut anything with it, but it makes a good pry bar and pounding tool)

honestly don't have another knife I actually use anymore that is under $100 most of them are on drawer duty or have been given away (a nasty habit I've developed)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I don't have pictures. I finally found a EDC (non Work) carry knife that I really like. Spyderco Native: Amazon.com: Spyderco Native Lightweight Plain Edge Knife, Black: Sports & Outdoors

With CPM-S30V stainless, and made in the USA. It has been holding an edge very well. So I ordered another to have on hand.

All my other knifes are WAY under $100, and work about that well too.

My work carry knife is the little Spyderco Ladybug 3. Tiny little guy, but great sharp blade. Always have my Leatherman Skeletool with me at work, if I need serious cutting.

I remember a few years ago wal-mart sold the native for $40 I kick myself to this day for not cleaning them out.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I remember a few years ago wal-mart sold the native for $40 I kick myself to this day for not cleaning them out.

I think I would get 5 or 6 at that price. I generally find something I like and they stop making it.

I've been shoveling rock and other landscaping and it was great how easy it was to open with gloves on.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    RAT RC-3MIL
    Cold Steel Rajah I (isn't usually under 100 but i got it on close out from cold steel.)
    Spyderco ffg endura
    Spyderco ffg delica
    (Tie)between Ontario Rat-1 and Spyderco Tenacious

Top Bottom