• ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've been working on this for a while now, couple months, when I have extra time. I've been holding out one posting pics of it hoping I could get it completely done first, but! I can't stand it, I have to show it off! I just got it back from heat treat yesterday, it's D2 steel and is a Rockwell hardness of 45. I had a very hard time getting the edge down to it's rough state in the pics.

So what do you say INGO?
    d5149407.jpg

73f96321.jpg

c31b09af.jpg

a34e3244.jpg

878427e7.jpg

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    This is how it looked the first day, after a little grinder work. I used this grinder exclusively and finished with files. The D2 was very workable before it was heat treated, I had to pay very close attention to how warm I got it while grinding.

I have alot of people I need to thank, Cubby for helping me find a great deal on my handle material. I have a great friend that works in a tool and die room that did the heat treat for me! I owe him big time! My wife for putting up with me being so zoned in on this thing, once I started I didn't want to stop till it was done. Thanks everybody for helping.
    8cec5962.jpg

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    looks great! something to be very proud of! now beat the crap out of it!!!

Thanks Cubby, I plan to get a few pics of it stuck in a few automobile panels!:D seems I've seen that around here before. I have an old yota pickup that will work just fine.

I have alot more work to do, I'll post progression pics. I'm needing ideas for the sheath or scabbard. I would like to make somthing that could attach to a pack, and belt. Any body have any suggestions from experience? I have rep, and will use it!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    just make a simple kydex cover, to slip the whole head into. then put two slots into it. go to walmart, get 12" of nylon strapping and a buckle out of the craft section. done. secure with a buckle. won't fall out.

now, go make another one for me! :)

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I must say, I am jealous of you guys who have the skills and know how to make custom knives/hawks, etc. I wish I had the skills to do something like that!

Every custom blade on INGO Ive seen has been a great work of art!
    Thanks for sharing!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Thanks everyone, I plan to use it. I still have alot of work to do on it, and I havnt even started on the sheath. I hope it just keeps getting better.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Nice. I like it. How does it handle? It looks pretty stout.

I've been using it today around the property, cutting wood and throwing it a little. It is stout! Maybe just a little to stout, it gets heavy swinging it cutting logs. It holds it edge very well, I can't even tell I've cut anything. It is manageable, I would want this with me in a survival situation.

Top Bottom