• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I always have a running list of knives that I'd like to have, but don't. Just a couple are a Benchmade 710D2 and and Emerson Commander.

Why these two? Big, heavy-duty plain blades. I really like a full size knife, even in a folder. I have a Benchmade Fecas Snipe that, even for a Red Box Benchmade, I just adore the layout, lines and size. The 710 reminds me of that. What I'd REALLY like to own is a AFCK, but those are out of production.

What's on your wish list?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    tom mayo dr. death
    rob simonich slipjoint folder
    mick strider Mantrack
    rj martin q36
    kokomoDave Ti tanto..............

oh, wait..........

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    99.9% of the time, I carry an Emerson Commander. Can't think of anything better, except a left-hand Commander. Have a couple Striders and a couple other Emerson's as well as Benchmades & Spydies, but I always come back to the Commander....

z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    i carry an emerson cqc7-wave. It's a very tough knife, i beat the crap out of it at work. I've been wanting a Commander but I just can't get myself to spend the money when I've already got a couple good knives.

Big12Inch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Emerson CQC7 Wave Tanto Point 3.375" Black Plain Edge Combo Handle

I have the smaller one but need to upgrade...I use my blades a lot and this one I have sent to Emerson twice for a tune up...the extra cost sucks but the service you get from them is awesome...I thought I got a new knife back both times.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I want the RAT Cutlery RC-4 and RC-3, plus the Izula badly.

Most of the others I would like are from small custom makers, I have come to appreciate those a lot.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There are a lot of knives I want, but "wish list" means "dream knife" to me.

A couple that come to mind would be a Kit Carson folder and a huge, primitive Searles-style bowie knife, maybe made by somebody like Dan Winkler (he did the knives for "Last of the Mohicans").

If I were going on an adventure, I'd definitely get a couple of RAT fixed blades.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of Emerson...

I was going through my knife inventory tonight and pulled out one of the Commanders I just got in last week.

I said to my wife, who generally responds to my "hey, come look at this..." with a big eye-roll and a sarcastic "what?" When she saw the Commander, her eyes got real big and she said "wow!" I was surprised!

It is one of those knives that once you get it in your hand, your reaction is somewhere about "Damn!!!"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The recurved blade makes the Emerson (and knives like it) very efficient slicing and slashing tools. You get more "edge" for the same length of blade, and the belly makes it cut deeply.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've always been more of a point oriented guy (stole that from Southnarc ;)) but as far as cutters go, Emerson really smacked one out of the park with the Commander. As Rhino said, the recurve blade is a real carver. I've always thjought the balance on that one felt good as well, regardless of whether you're working up close on small cutting chores, or just hacking off a chunk of something.

Tinman....

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guess I forgot to respond to the thread title :ugh:

My list is pretty long, as I said before, I'm kind of in to knives, but here's some of the tops:

Spiderco Pikal
    Strider DT
    Anything from Simonich
    all of the Surefires, I just like the way they look
    Another Busse
    Any older Benchmade Griptillians with the oval hole (easier to wave)
    Another Kershaw Talon

That's what I can remember right now.

Tinman....

Top Bottom