Suggestions re replacing cord wrap with G10?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    One of my EDC knives is a Strider DB carried in a Raven Concealment Systems IWB sheath. The Strider DB has a cord wrapped handle. I would like to replace the cord wrapping with G10 scales like those found on other Striders and on other knives.

Does anyone know of a person or company that makes G10 knife scales to order? It is my understanding that Strider does not provide this service.

Thanks.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    well, how old is your DB? the new are drilled for straight replacement scales, which the shop WILL sell you. if its an OLDER model (like longer then a year or so) then it WON'T be drilled for scales. just three 1/4" holes, that DO NOT line up with the current scale set up.

now the kicker question: by "like on the current models" do you mean Gunner Grips or the first gen handles that are grooved? if you want GG, your probly outta luck. if you want grooved, then a "pimp" or maker can hook you up fairly easily. you might get the "shiny spine" decease or the black spray paint spine trick (because most folks will grind down the scales while ON the knife, to the proper size, rmoving the surface treatment on the knife.)....

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    cubby,

Thanks for the information. My DB is a couple years old. I checked with Strider about a year ago and was told they didn't make/sell scales for it. I guess they have redesigned the DB.

tyler34 and bobn911, Jantz seems to have everything a knife maker could dream of. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom