• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    This thread will be pretty broad because I am sure there will be many options.

I am looking for a fixed blade that I could carry weak side, cross draw, horizontal, on the belt...or one in the SOB area.

How do you carry your fixed blades, and how well can you conceal them?

What blades are you carrying?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been carrying a Ka-Bar TDI weakside/cross draw. I have to carry it vertical though. It is very easy to conceal.

I've also recently been looking at the ESEE Izula to replace the TDI, but I have yet to pull the trigger.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    This thread will be pretty broad because I am sure there will be many options.

I am looking for a fixed blade that I could carry weak side, cross draw, horizontal, on the belt...or one in the SOB area.

How do you carry your fixed blades, and how well can you conceal them?

What blades are you carrying?

Without knowing the specifics of how you want to use it, I'd have to recommend the ESEE Izula (purchased from the Knife Lady of course). I wear one every day as a neck knife. I also carry one in my briefcase. ESEE's quality and warranty can't be beat. I've also worn one in an IWB carry and honestly, I forget it's there. The blade itself is 2 3/4" and will handle everyday cutting chores and makes a nice, last-ditch defensive weapon.

For way less than $70, you can't go wrong. Of course, YMMV

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...everyday cutting chores and makes a nice, last-ditch defensive weapon.

This is what I am looking for.

Obviously the guys I work with would know that I have it, but I just don't want to walk around with a huge Ka Bar hanging down my side.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    BTW - That was not a blow at you iamaclone. I know that one's not full size... ;)

I'm looking for something similar to this, and carried the same way...(Clinch Pick - Shivworks)

fksnb7.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Lots of options similar to what you posted at Shadow Tech Knives, lots of blade styles.

Home Page

Those boys are from Ohio if I recall correctly, I bought the below knife from them at the 1500 a few years ago...

Blade is 1095
    Blade is 3 inch
    Overall 7 inch
    Handles Micarta
    can be mounted vertical or horizontal, I like to wear mine at the small of my back.

ShadowTechinsheath.jpg

ShadowTech4.jpg

ShadowTech3.jpg

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Go with the Izula or the IzulaII. You will be happy with either of them.
    The Izula will come in a variety of colors which are, black, desert tan, od green, pink, orange, and gray. I have them all in stock except for the gray right now. Good luck in your search.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I have a Becker/ESEE EsKaBar and an Izula II. The EsKaBar blade is a hair bigger, maybe 1/2 inch with a diffferent profile, but essentially the same knife. They are good neck and general cutting knives, and could sure be used for field craft. I do recommend getting the scales on them though, as at least for me, it was MUCH more comfortable during cutting chores than a lanyard wrap.

Are you going to be using for a LOT of chores while working in the field? I might even recommend an ESEE-3 if you are, just due to it's size (just a hair bigger than the Izulla II) and it's beefy hilt area.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I just wanted to point out something. If your looking for max concealment you need to go with the Izula. I have a Izula that I keep in my BOB bag. The Izula is much thinner and much more concealable. Even if you put handles on the Izula it still is a lot thinner. That Shadow Tech knife I posted pictures of is 1/4 thick and the handles are kind of rounded, its a very hefty knife which is why I don't carry it that often.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    basically any 3-4" knife will do, it's all about the sheath. I carry a custom mike snody strong side canted handle forward and it's invisible.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    basically any 3-4" knife will do, it's all about the sheath. I carry a custom mike snody strong side canted handle forward and it's invisible.

I guess I forgot to ask...

What are some quality sheaths to get? I would want an easy on, easy off, kinda thing...I hate the ones you have to run through belt loops.

And that might be a stupid question, because not all knife blades are the same...

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    ESEE Izula or Busse SAR3...

I carry the izula daily around my neck and usually rotate the SAR3 into my rotation instead of a pocket folder. (could easily be belt carried)

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    These are the two I carry, but mostly for self defense. I carry one at a time not both at the same time. Both the sheaves are clip on type.

Normal cover shirt and nobody knows I have them

ncnxpu.jpg

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The Izula does have a belt clip that is offered for it. If you buy the knife with the kit then the belt clip will be provided in the kit other wise you can just buy the belt clip seperately. It is a pretty nice set up really. The belt clip does make it easier to conceal. I know first hand since I own and carry one.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    The Izula does have a belt clip that is offered for it. If you buy the knife with the kit then the belt clip will be provided in the kit other wise you can just buy the belt clip seperately. It is a pretty nice set up really. The belt clip does make it easier to conceal. I know first hand since I own and carry one.

What's the price on a black Izula, with belt clip and sheath? Will the sheath work for the carry position I am wanting? (cross draw, horizontal) I would also want a handle insert on the Izula...or it looks like the Izula II comes with one.

Top Bottom