• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Any opinions on quality, I am looking to pick up my first high quality knife and this one struck me. I am also looking at the CQC7, a Strider PT, Or a Paramilitary 2 sprint gray. Let me know what you think and also if anyone has seen one of the ZT's for sale it seems like a ghost.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    it's ZT so quality is top notch it just depends on how you like the aesthetics. might wait until the 560 comes out later this year though it's way more knife at around the same price.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    What is your opinion on the other knives listed, maybe I could just go with one of the two lower priced there and wait on the 560?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i had a zt 0550 when they first came out. they had rust issues but those should all be resolved by now. you can only buy them in the used market now as it was a limited run. i liked mine a lot but i always felt w/ rick's design it should have been a flipper. all around a great knife.

striders are great blades and have a lock up like a bank vault. though they definitely aren't one of the cheaper ones. i carry a strider sng tanto w/ double gunner grips and its a great blade. you can't go wrong with a strider

emerson cqc7 is a great knife, made by a great company, and something that is so rare these days every part of a emerson knife is made 100 percent in AMERICA down to the little screws and everything. thats impressive on its own for sure.

spydercos are great also. they make some of the sharpest factory knives around. the paramilitary is a great edc blade and the sprint run is top notch. if your talking the s90v version w/ carbon fiber handles wow. they are also super hard to find and are a pretty penny. they can only be had on the second hand market now also. a regular paramilitary 2 is still a great knife and should work just fine for you.

if you go with the strider or spyderco get with brad from brads knives and he will square you away w/ great pricing and customer service.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    i had a zt 0550 when they first came out. they had rust issues but those should all be resolved by now. you can only buy them in the used market now as it was a limited run. i liked mine a lot but i always felt w/ rick's design it should have been a flipper. all around a great knife.

striders are great blades and have a lock up like a bank vault. though they definitely aren't one of the cheaper ones. i carry a strider sng tanto w/ double gunner grips and its a great blade. you can't go wrong with a strider

emerson cqc7 is a great knife, made by a great company, and something that is so rare these days every part of a emerson knife is made 100 percent in AMERICA down to the little screws and everything. thats impressive on its own for sure.

spydercos are great also. they make some of the sharpest factory knives around. the paramilitary is a great edc blade and the sprint run is top notch. if your talking the s90v version w/ carbon fiber handles wow. they are also super hard to find and are a pretty penny. they can only be had on the second hand market now also. a regular paramilitary 2 is still a great knife and should work just fine for you.

if you go with the strider or spyderco get with brad from brads knives and he will square you away w/ great pricing and customer service.

:+1:

Great post, excellent infomation Pat, thanks for sharing.

Someone rep this man for me!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville

Now that is what I was looking for thank you. I think I may wait for the 560, and buy either the Emerson or the Spyderco, The Spyderco I am looking at is the grey G10 handles with the CTS-20CP blade.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Now that is what I was looking for thank you. I think I may wait for the 560, and buy either the Emerson or the Spyderco, The Spyderco I am looking at is the grey G10 handles with the CTS-20CP blade.

unless you can find someplace selling it at retail get ready to overpay. BTW the para 2 in 20cp is my edc right now, great knife.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thanks guys glad my post could help out some.

tyler is right the paramilitary cts-20cp was a limited run too and can only be found on the used forums from individuals. i did see one on blade forums about a week ago for 165 dollars which is pretty reasonable. it's a great knife for sure. i'm sure brad could get you a paramilitary 2 with s30v and it will definitely hold you over till the new zero tolerances come out

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    you need to be very careful buying any knives off ebay. the chinese have become extremely good at making fakes and selling them there. often people have no idea they bought a fake and resell them as real. i looked on egay and they are over there raping folks lol. some people have more money than sense thats for sure.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah ebay scares me off of buying usually, I wish I could buy off of USN but I don't think the $35 would be well spent by me.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait a minute......... I thought the 0551 was limited and the 0550 was going to be production? hell I didnt even realize the 0550 was even out yet!

BUT thanks tyler for the info onthe 0560! ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom