Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    two catagories:

Hard Use Production Folder.

Hard Use Production Fixed.

limitied to knives you HAVE used. no grailing stuff...... pics are a bonus.

GO!

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    In the 70s and early 80s I flat wore out a Old Timer Muskrat. Both blades were down to half of new from cleaning critters I caught in traps. You couldnt beat Old Timer or Schrade for the money.

Another great user was the TL-29 made by camillus. The military issued them to us and I still see them in tool boxes. When I installed an ILS at Grissom AFB, I used it to cut coax by placing the coax on a piece of 2x4, putting the blade edge against the wire and striking the back of the blade with a mallet.

Here is one I purchased back in the late 70s, that I never got around to using.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Benchmade Griptillian. I've beat this knife to hell and back again and it keeps taking it and sharpening back up like the day I bought it.
    That blade and pocket clip were black at one time. :D

IMG-20120120-00083.jpg

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    heres a couple of my favorite hard use fixed blades. I havent had the smaller one long (Busse NMSFNO) but it has quickly become of my my goto blades.

The CGFBM is what got me interested in hard use knives and is still my overall favorite if I had to choose.

77dc4f66.jpg

I agree about the griptilian for a folder, I worked in landscaping for a year and had my griptilian with me every day. any knife that can survive my use and the use of my crew of mexicans (I hate to generalize here but the guys on my crew used ALL the equipment HARD)

pic soon

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As far as folding knives go, what would you guys consider "hard use?" What sorts of tasks would you consider to be hard use for a folding knife?

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    As far as folding knives go, what would you guys consider "hard use?" What sorts of tasks would you consider to be hard use for a folding knife?

I've chopped down trees up to 3 inches in diameter with my Grip. Cut carpeting, astroturf over concrete, coax cable, wire, light crowbarring...
    That's hard use to me. Others may require harder. Harder than that and I'd grab a different tool personally.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have had a spyderco salt for years and did stuff with it most people wouldn't ever consider doing with their pocket knife from digging a hole for work to cutting wire to prying and it has never let me down. I don't carry it anymore as I have switched to EDCing a fixed blade now. No pics now cause grunt has it right now for some sharpening.

As for fixed blades I would have to say any Busse first then would have to be my izulla 2

Here they are in their new pants I made for them tonight
    5780ff96.jpg

afd34ec1.jpg

9b07449e.jpg

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    I have a Cold steel tanto folder that I use for my duty knife. While in Louisiana I skinned several alligators with this knife without sharpening. The cajuns were impressed with this knife. I'm happy with it. Netman

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Not used by me, but used by my great-grandfather who passed away in the late 1980s.

He owned a Texaco gas/service station in a small town in northwest Ohio and I've been told it was carried by him everyday. I'm assuming it was used pretty hard.

Marked "Electric Cut Co Walden NY" unsure of age, but from my limited internet research I've seen between 1900-1920.

I found this knife at the bottom of an old toolbox in my grandparents garage. It probably hadn't seen the light of day since my great-grandfather passed away.

photo2kr.jpg

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Not used by me, but used by my great-grandfather who passed away in the late 1980s.

He owned a Texaco gas/service station in a small town in northwest Ohio and I've been told it was carried by him everyday. I'm assuming it was sued pretty hard.

Marked "Electric Cut Co Walden NY" unsure of age, but from my limited internet research I've seen between 1900-1920.

I found this knife at the bottom of an old toolbox in my grandparents garage. It probably hadn't seen the light of day since my great-grandfather passed away.

photo2kr.jpg

good find sir. use it just like he did and then pass it on to your little ones.

Don't listen to grunt, he likes to abuse and break things, just look at his track record on here and who knows how many other blades he has abused that we don't even know about.:D

Put that Electric Cut up and don't use it .....those are hard to find and they have some collector value.

bubba16430

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    logansport
    I inherited one of these from my grandpa. Used by me for many years after grandpa passed, lost it on a deploment in georgia some years back. Seeing this pic brought back some good memories. Thank you

photo2kr.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Top Bottom