• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    they don't really look that similar to me. totally different handles, choils, lengths, materials, however both companies have the same warranties and both completely made in the good old USA (no question asked lifetime).

what it really looks like they copied is that rodent 9. basically the exact same thing just smaller. I think someone was just trying to stir something up :)

I don't see anything like lynn does here. If his type of business was going on, a design would have had to been stolen and shipped to china for a much cheaper pos to be built :)

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I figured as much as far as trying to stir something up goes since the two knives are really nothing alike and both part of well loved brands in these parts. But you never know what is going through some peoples heads around here so I figured I would give him the benefit of doubt and ask.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    You do realize that Swamp RAT has been doing "rat" variations of names for decade... right?

Battle Rat
    Howling Rat
    Rat Mastiff
    RatManDu
    RatSkinner
    Rodent 9
    Rodent 4
    SAR Rat
    Etc...

Doing a cheesy LT ripoff job of an ESEE product couldn't be further from the truth.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    You do realize that Swamp RAT has been doing "rat" variations of names for decade... right?

Battle Rat
    Howling Rat
    Rat Mastiff
    RatManDu
    RatSkinner
    Rodent 9
    Rodent 4
    SAR Rat
    Etc...

Doing a cheesy LT ripoff job of an ESEE product couldn't be further from the truth.

Ratweiler

Swamp Rat doesnt need to steal anything from anyone...

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow... cheesy and Rat were an unintentional pun. Normally I would be so proud of that bad humor. ;)

And, Yes. That is a RATweiler in my teeth.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I really have no idea who came first, the rat or the rodent, but I saw the same blade profile with only a difference in choil and handle. The point was that with the basic design of knives, everything that has done has been done before.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Wow... cheesy and Rat were an unintentional pun. Normally I would be so proud of that bad humor. ;)

And, Yes. That is a RATweiler in my teeth.

What is it that Eric says at the induction dinner?

I....something something...... by the Rats of the Cheese wheel....something

I can't remember the whole speech, I'm usually drunk before that part starts, but I remember the cheese wheel comment :D

Oh, for sharts and giggles, here's a pic of the 4 and the 3 (still to come)from Blade

Top Bottom