• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    past few years have seen me sell most of my collection and EDC knives. such is life. the last few weeks i have splurged and scored some new knives.

i recieved a a ZT 560 from a pal to try on. the knife is extemely well built. its a ZT, so that is expected.

i think i am in love with Elmax steel.

flaws: size. i like large knives. and this is a large knife. in my opinion, too large. i think rick didn't want to "give" away his XM series of knives, or the key to the XM18 piggy bank, and that is the reason it is so large. having said that, i think it is TOO big. i am swayed because of the feel of the XM 18s. if the 560 were 80% size it would be in that size range, which is perfect in my opinion.

that is the only "flaw".

the pros:

everything about the knife is quality. you could not go wrong with one of these. it flips like a dream. has the right "texture". SHARP as all get out, straight from the box. clip allows a lower profile of carry. all around, fantastic.

but.

i won't be keeping it. it won't remove the Strider SMF or the Grayman Satu from the large folder role for me. so it goes back. i can't justify the $240 (homie deal) on it. seems secondary pricing is much higher, at around $300 plus.

i would definetely reccommend one of these, if you are looking for a large flipper folder of quality. and if you are looking for an XM24 without the cost, here it is!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    The elmax is a real plus in my mind and the one I saw while all to briefly :) seemed very very nice. I agree with Cubby that in closer to xm-18 size vs the closer to xm-24 it would probably suit me even better, but as a steel whore I more likely will still end up with one if I just stop finding others I like better. :) I need to start finding money not lint (and 3 knives :) in my pockets.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I really like mine. I have been carrying it for a couple weeks/ a month now. it's a great blade but is definitely to big and the jimping/grooving all over it is far to aggressive for me. it has tore my pockets and fingers up far quicker than any other blade I have ever carried. mine is going to be for sale shortly or trade for a kershaw tilt :)

I will say it's one smooth sob though and I love the ball bearing system. it's a amazing blade but just doesn't fill the role as the one for me

Top Bottom