• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I have a fun situation and thought about just sending this to Brad, but figured some of you would enjoy chiming in so ladies and gents let's play a game. I have exactly $70 to spend on a knife no more no less, and that has to cover shipping as well. I have to have the knife in hand by Thursday evening. It has to be able to stand up to a weekend that will include, but is not limited to opening boxes & MREs, cutting rope and paracord, being dropped on concrete and rocks, clearing double feeds in M4s and M110s, trimming finger nails and cutting small vines and brush. A folder is preferred. I will try and hold off on ordering as long as I can but I need it by Thursday so I can't hold off too long. I will take pics and do a review of the blade after next weekend. So fire away, what should I get and where should I get it to have it in time? (Keep in mind I have a drawer full of capable blades, but am looking to start a hobby of buying a "budget blade of the month" and doing some reviews) Thanks!

:ingo:
    -PFC

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Wow I actually will have to follow this. Thread. But wouldn't a Gerber 600 serve best for such things? I know that isn't exactly what your looking for, I have yet to break one! Look forward to seeing reviews!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    OK going to be interesting once the knife gurus get in it. So this is going to have to be one tuff folder. I'm guessing its going to need metal or some hard scales to withstand the dropping on concrete.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hmm... $70 huh? That narrows it down a bit and I can't believe I'm actually gonna offer up a Gerber here but... I've though about trying the rescue / kit model.

Get it from Brad of course but:

Gerber® Hinderer CLS™ Linerlock
    G1870.jpg

For an extra twenty, this is the one that interests me but it is above your $70 mark.

Gerber® Hinderer Rescue™ Linerlock
    G1534.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    screw a folder lol. get a fixed blade. it will do all you wish your folder can do and then some. scrapivore, scarp yard 311, esee izula 2 ect ect ect. if you have to get a folder under 70 don't really expect it to hold up over time to use in the woods ect, but check out the ripples.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    screw a folder lol. get a fixed blade. it will do all you wish your folder can do and then some. scrapivore, scarp yard 311, esee izula 2 ect ect ect. if you have to get a folder under 70 don't really expect it to hold up over time to use in the woods ect, but check out the ripples.

Not looking for a long lasting blade, just something affordable to most folks for a quick review and test.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Try the Kershaw blur tanto, can be had with stright or half serrated blade, good sized for a folder and it has been my experience that Kershaw's are a decent knife for less cost than most. Can be had at wally world for about $60.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Time down to 4 days, you might be contacting Knife Lady and Brad to get it by Thursday.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Not looking for a long lasting blade, just something affordable to most folks for a quick review and test.

gerber/hinderer knife would be good
    the kershaw blur too
    kershaw junkyard dog II
    a host of spydercos and benchmades
    crkt m16 series
    bladetech has a few offerings that are fantastic, around $70 i believe
    crkt ripple (not a super tough super folder, but for most jobs its more than plenty)
    have heard good things about the SOG trident but don't know the pricing as i don't really care for SOG....

so many decent knives for $70..................

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Try the Kershaw blur tanto, can be had with stright or half serrated blade, good sized for a folder and it has been my experience that Kershaw's are a decent knife for less cost than most. Can be had at wally world for about $60.

I haven't beat up my Blur Tanto too much yet but I like it for what i need it for.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom