Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

$70...Knife in hand by Thursday...

I have a fun situation and thought about just sending this to Brad, but figured some of you would enjoy chiming in so ladies and gents let's play a game. I have exactly $70 to spend on a knife no more no less, and that has to cover shipping as well. I have to have the knife in hand by Thursday evening. It has to be able to stand up to a weekend that will include, but is not limited to opening boxes & MREs, cutting rope and paracord, being dropped on concrete and rocks, clearing double feeds in M4s and M110s, trimming finger nails and cutting small vines and brush. A folder is preferred. I will try and hold off on ordering as long as I can but I need it by Thursday so I can't hold off too long. I will take pics and do a review of the blade after next weekend. So fire away, what should I get and where should I get it to have it in time? (Keep in mind I have a drawer full of capable blades, but am looking to start a hobby of buying a "budget blade of the month" and doing some reviews) Thanks!

-PFC

User Info Menu

Benchmade mini-griptilian...not sure where from
    WTS GEAR (TT,HSGI,ETC)

User Info Menu

Wow I actually will have to follow this. Thread. But wouldn't a Gerber 600 serve best for such things? I know that isn't exactly what your looking for, I have yet to break one! Look forward to seeing reviews!
    Professional DJ who will DJ your Daughter or Son's Wedding Gun/s,Ammo or gun related items

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by handgun View Post
    Wow I actually will have to follow this. Thread. But wouldn't a Gerber 600 serve best for such things? I know that isn't exactly what your looking for, I have yet to break one! Look forward to seeing reviews!
    Yup, have one that gets used for these tasks regularly

User Info Menu

Yup, its a good tool. I have given 400's and 600's to friends over the years. Going to upgrade it to a Gerber well shoot i don't know which one its called but it has a c4 punch on it.. :0
    Professional DJ who will DJ your Daughter or Son's Wedding Gun/s,Ammo or gun related items

User Info Menu

OK going to be interesting once the knife gurus get in it. So this is going to have to be one tuff folder. I'm guessing its going to need metal or some hard scales to withstand the dropping on concrete.
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html

User Info Menu

Hmm... $70 huh? That narrows it down a bit and I can't believe I'm actually gonna offer up a Gerber here but... I've though about trying the rescue / kit model.

Get it from Brad of course but:

GerberŪ Hinderer CLS™ Linerlock

For an extra twenty, this is the one that interests me but it is above your $70 mark.

GerberŪ Hinderer Rescue™ Linerlock
    BS: The smell is the tell.

User Info Menu

screw a folder lol. get a fixed blade. it will do all you wish your folder can do and then some. scrapivore, scarp yard 311, esee izula 2 ect ect ect. if you have to get a folder under 70 don't really expect it to hold up over time to use in the woods ect, but check out the ripples.
    Hello

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    screw a folder lol. get a fixed blade. it will do all you wish your folder can do and then some. scrapivore, scarp yard 311, esee izula 2 ect ect ect. if you have to get a folder under 70 don't really expect it to hold up over time to use in the woods ect, but check out the ripples.
    Not looking for a long lasting blade, just something affordable to most folks for a quick review and test.

User Info Menu

Try the Kershaw blur tanto, can be had with stright or half serrated blade, good sized for a folder and it has been my experience that Kershaw's are a decent knife for less cost than most. Can be had at wally world for about $60.

you can't fight stupid, they bring unlimited ammo to the fight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast