• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I currently have a Kershaw JYD2 that I carry regularly. My problem is that it is a rather big knife to carry in dress pants. I am wanting to get something smaller like a Leek. I have also been considering a Ontario Rat 1 and a Kershaw Skyline as well.

The issue is that I have never seen any (besides the leek0 in person to see the size of them. Anyone have any pictures or comparisons etc? The length and thickness isn't necessarily the problem but the width is. Any suggestions? :dunno:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I EDC a Kershaw Skyline and love it.

The Skyline is a slim and trim package with a decent sized blade. The Skyline is also fairly budget priced so if you ruin it at work it won't set you back much to replace it.

Here is a photo comparison I found of a Skyline and JYD2.

51l7q5xzll.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Twitty, you can get with Brad from BradsKnives or find him at a gun show and probably check out a bunch that will fit your size and budget. :yesway:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm on the small side of the knives for work carry. Mine is not a great defensive blade, but what carries in dress slacks at work. Spyderco Lady Bug. (They also make a Man Bug if your ego is bruised.) This and my Fenix LD01 are always with me.

When I switch to jeans, I'll add a more substantial blade, but use the LadyBug for normal service tasks.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I've carried a Buck 281Tac for a couple years now, love it. Had held up better than any other knife I've owned. Never leave home without it unless I know I'm going someplace they won't let me!

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I currently have a Kershaw JYD2 that I carry regularly. My problem is that it is a rather big knife to carry in dress pants. I am wanting to get something smaller like a Leek. I have also been considering a Ontario Rat 1 and a Kershaw Skyline as well.

The issue is that I have never seen any (besides the leek0 in person to see the size of them. Anyone have any pictures or comparisons etc? The length and thickness isn't necessarily the problem but the width is. Any suggestions? :dunno:

Given the overly aggressive nature of the office staff, esp when they have id10t errors. I would recommend a machete, or some disposable scalpels!

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I would stay away from the Kershaw Blur with dress pants... I have one and I find it a bit big for dress pants and the grippy surface on the handle can tear up the softer material of dress pants.

I carry the Leek to work and I love it. Thin and smaller handle with that smooth bead blasted or tumbled finish makes it nice and easy to clip on the dress pants pocket.

It's handle is 1" at the widest point and it's only .315" thick (not counting the clip)

The new REI store in Castleton has the all black version, you could go check it out in person
    http://www.rei.com/stores/146

2012-08-07_15-45-10_31.jpg

Last edited:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I would stay away from the Kershaw Blur with dress pants... I have one and I find it a bit big for dress pants and the grippy surface on the handle can tear up the softer material of dress pants.

I carry the Leek to work and I love it. Thin and smaller handle with that smooth bead blasted or tumbled finish makes it nice and easy to clip on the dress pants pocket.

It's handle is 1" at the widest point and it's only .315" thick (not counting the clip)

The new REI store in Castleton has the all black version, you could go check it out in person
    REI Store – Castleton, Indiana – Sporting Goods, Camping Gear

2012-08-07_15-45-10_31.jpg

My wife has a pink Leek and I do like the size of it. i might go with it afterall.

Top Bottom