• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I've been really eyeing one of these lately. But I'm curious about this "Elmax" steel? What's you guys opinions on the 0561?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    They are freaking awesome. Probably one of the best non custom folders out there. Elmax steel is some great stuff. Holds a great edge and is pretty easy to put a edge on.

One down side is its a very large folder. I guess that's not a down side but it's a very big folder

Last edited:

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    They are freaking awesome. Probably one of the best non custom folders out there. Elma's steel is some great stuff. Holds a great edge and s pretty easy to put a edge on.

One down side is its a very large folder. I guess that's not a down side but it's a very big folder

:+1:

My 0560 is still my favorite knife by a longshot!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    All I hear are great reports. I think they are a steal price wise for what they are. Great Elmax steel and Rick Hinderer design produced by a great company. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :)

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    They are freaking awesome. Probably one of the best non custom folders out there. Elma's steel is some great stuff. Holds a great edge and s pretty easy to put a edge on.

Agree except for the large part. When i grip my 560 with my index finger against the flipper/choil my thumb falls on the jimping perfectly without the handle protruding from my hand by more than 1/16'" of an inch. The blade is not long enough to reach all the way across my palm either. To me it fits my hand perfectly! YMMV

I actually like the 560 better than the Hinderer XM-18 I had that my daughter now carries.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Agree except for the large part. When i grip my 560 with my index finger against the flipper/choil my thumb falls on the jimping perfectly without the handle protruding from my hand by more than 1/16'" of an inch. The blade is not long enough to reach all the way across my palm either. To me it fits my hand perfectly! YMMV

I actually like the 560 better than the Hinderer XM-18 I had that my daughter now carries.

lol size is a very subjective thing just ask the ladies :) IMO it is a monster of a knife to edc. hell it's bigger and weighs more than most my neckers. it's bigger than than the 0300 and that is a large folder for me. to each his own I still love it but they are monster folders

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Agree

I was thinking the 0300 would definately be my choice until actually holding one. I carried a Blur for edc for a few years now and found that the 0300 was waybtoo much for my pocket. The 0350 was more appropriate for edc for myself. My pockets already are so full. Keys, phone, cigs, lighter. If I quit smoking maybe the 0300 would work. I ended up with the 0400 Scavenger as I thought the blade was wicked looking and it most resembeled my Blur I was upgrading from.

I dont think you can go wrong with any ZT, but for EDC comfort is a definate variable

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    They are fantastic blades, I've beat the crap out of my 550 and it has held up very well!

Top Bottom