• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    As soon as i saw it i said "aww crap" i now have to have one.

Thoughts anyone?
    CZ DUTY POCKET KNIFE
    41107507.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm skeptical because after searching the web I can't find out what type of steel and other materials are being used in this knife. Also, another site that sells this knife states that it only has a 24 month warranty which is unacceptable for a $80 knife. :twocents:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I'm skeptical because after searching the web I can't find out what type of steel and other materials are being used in this knife. Also, another site that sells this knife states that it only has a 24 month warranty which is unacceptable for a $80 knife. :twocents:

Thank you Brad, i trust your word being the expert you are. I am a CZ fanboy so as soon as i saw a Tanto Folder from them i got excited. Maybe i will ask for it as a Christmas present.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Found this on CZ's Facebook page.

440C blade, liner lock, and aluminum handle. Reversible clip and widow breaker on it as well.

440C is a decent steel as long as it has had a good heat treat. With a good heat treat on 440C, you can get a hardness rating between 58 & 60 on the Rockwell scale and that is as good as some so called better steels like 154CM and S30V. At one time (back in the 80's) 440C was consider the top steel for blades. Benchmade and several other respectable companies still use 440C in some of their current models.

I tend to shy away from knives that have firearm company names on them because usually the firearm company doesn't make them. They are usually contracted out to another company to be made and in some cases like Winchester, Smith & Wesson, and Remington, a totally different company owns the rights to the name (for cutlery only) and is not even related to, or have any connection with the firearm company.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Love CZ handguns but not sure about their knives. Seems a bit much for 440c to me. Plus I would be worried about the tip of the blade.

440C is a decent steel as long as it has had a good heat treat. With a good heat treat on 440C, you can get a hardness rating between 58 & 60 on the Rockwell scale and that is as good as some so called better steels like 154CM and S30V. At one time (back in the 80's) 440C was consider the top steel for blades. Benchmade and several other respectable companies still use 440C in some of their current models.

I tend to shy away from knives that have firearm company names on them because usually the firearm company doesn't make them. They are usually contracted out to another company to be made and in some cases like Winchester, Smith & Wesson, and Remington, a totally different company owns the rights to the name (for cutlery only) and is not even related to, or have any connection with the firearm company.

These were my issues as well that just because it is CZ doesn't mean it is made by them. Their Facebook page says the knife is made by an Italian company so that affirms it isn't their design or quality for that matter. I would like to say it would be for SD purposes but i know better as the tanto i carry now gets used for everything. Like i said earlier maybe i will ask for it as a bday present to sit on my reloading station. Then again i have been looking at some of the ZT blades lately also. Thanks for the input.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I kind of like collecting knives with the names of Firearms brands I own. I realize that they aren't up to the same quality and usability as my ZT EDC or other good knives I have, but it's something I like to collect. I usually just try to find something unique or collectable that they offer...

Top Bottom