• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So Im ready to buy a quality folder after buying too many $25-$40 junkers... I need to find a place that I can fondle some of the better brand knifes and learn about what I want to buy. I want to find a place near Dyer to make my purchase from, but I am willing to travel a bit to find the right shop...

Any NWI ideas?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I live in NWI and have not found anywhere with a huge selection of knives. I have purchased Kershaw's online at a nice discount from retail in the $30-$40 price range. I have found they are a quality knife for the price. If you want to step it up check out the CRKT knives. I bought my Dad a Ken Onion CRKT Ripple for $80 on Ebay and he loves it. I have no idea what style you are looking for but they cover all different types.

http://www.crkt.com/Ripple-3125-Blade-Ti-nitride-Blue-Scales

Last edited:

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Melensdad sorry for your luck at the Griffith store. Come by the Valpo store and see me or sadclown and we will try and make up for it....

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I know the Valpo gun show was mentioned, but the crown point gun n knife show is this weekend, check out brads knives, awesome guy! Edited to say he's also an ingo member

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Is valpo and Griffith owned by different families? I have always heard that valpo is better....WHY?

Because there are several INGO members that work at the Valpo one duh. And we do what we can for other INGO members, unlike that other shop, lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad sorry for your luck at the Griffith store. Come by the Valpo store and see me or sadclown and we will try and make up for it....
    If your policies in Valpo are the same as Griffith (making up lies as they speak) then I see no reason to waste the fuel to go to Blythe's Valpo either. I try not to give my hard earned $$$ to anti-gun retailers, why should I give my $$$ to a different store that is owned by the same family that has people who have lied to my face? All while the owner was sitting 10 feet away from me and agreeing with the liar! No, I have no real use for stores like that. No more than I have use for anti-gun retailers with NO GUNS signs.

I found another shop that works with me and gets my business. The guy has my cell #. If something shows up that he thinks I'll like he calls me and I go get it. If want something he doesn't stock, he gets it for me. And he handles all my transfers, and now he gets business from several of my friends too. All people who formerly traded at Blythes, Griffith store.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If your policies in Valpo are the same as Griffith (making up lies as they speak) then I see no reason to waste the fuel to go to Blythe's Valpo either. I try to to give my hard earned $$$ to anti-gun retailers, why should I give my $$$ to a different store that is owned by the same family that has people who have lied to my face? All while the owner was sitting 10 feet away from me and agreeing with the liar! No, I have no real use for stores like that. No more than I have use for anti-gun retailers with NO GUNS signs.

I found another shop that works with me and gets my business. The guy has my cell #. If something shows up that he thinks I'll like he calls me and I go get it. If want something he doesn't stock, he gets it for me. And he handles all my transfers, and now he gets business from several of my friends too. All people who formerly traded at Blythes, Griffith store.

Sounds like a lucky guy :rolleyes:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    +1 for brads knives, he's definitely gonna give ya the better selection and probably the best price as well, plus crown point and valpo both are a reasonable distance from dyer

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    So Im ready to buy a quality folder after buying too many $25-$40 junkers... I need to find a place that I can fondle some of the better brand knifes and learn about what I want to buy. I want to find a place near Dyer to make my purchase from, but I am willing to travel a bit to find the right shop...

Any NWI ideas?

Brad will have the best selection you can handle at one of the gun shows. Also, as far as daily carry, there are great knives in the lower price tiers:

Dozier Folding Hunter 20$
    Spyderco Tenacious 35$
    Ontario Rat-1 35$
    Benchmade Mini-Pika 20$

The Dozier is in my pocket nearly every day, unbeatable for the price vs. weight at like, 20$ in multiple color options. I used the same Mini-Pika for 4 years working on cars (tire repairs, hose cutting), and it held up to TONS of abuse, including being run over several times. The tenacious is substantial at the price point and has a great blade, but maybe a bit thick for pocket carry every day, same with the Rat-1.

Don't rule out the inexpensive.

I do like my Endura, as well.

Top Bottom