• ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Knives2and3-M.jpg

Both are O1 with G-10 handles and liners.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks all for the kind words.

they look awesome sir? keep up the great work. how do they feel in reverse grip and other methods of holding? do those points dig in at all?

They're comfortable in my hand and the point on the green handled one run between my second and third finger. The point on the caramel handled one don't hit the hand at all because of the handle shape. I really like the deep finger groove for retention and that one feels really nice in a reverse grip.

I drew these up for christmas presents, so I made them simpler and more "traditional". I suspect that's what most of my family members would want.

I have four more that are really close to being done, probably in the next couple days (all presents)...and then there are the two 'hawks and a half dozen other profiled knives I put aside to work on getting these done before Christmas. Most of those knives have some complicated grinds, so I'm hoping these first few will help out on that a bit.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Both knives are so well done. Just out of curiousity what are the specs?

Knife on the left is 5/32 O1. The blade is 3 inches long (from where the cutting edge starts, not from the end of the G-10) and it's over all length is 7 1/2 inches.

Knife on the right (orange and OD green G-10) is 7/32 O1. The cutting edge is 3 1/4 inches (measured the same way as above) and the over all length is 7 3/4 inches.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    that black one is a bad mofo!!!

FANTASTIC WORK!

i am loving all the knifemaking that is going on! you appreciate the pieces so much more when you know how hard they are to create! sort of like going to a car lot. they are all shiny and new...... but do you want a nissan maxima or a 350z? sometimes you want the maxima.... but you always want to DRIVE the 350z! pride of ownership.... not universally available.

Top Bottom