• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    been BUSY so far this month! but getting a ton done!

kiridashi sheaths should be done next week, then i will ship them to our winners from last month!

alot of fatboys running around the shop! some for some very patient INGOers. carbon fibers, hardwoods, micartas, tantos and drop points. pretty excited on a few of them! shop smells like a 10 million year old mammoth exploded into flames and fell into a vat of deisel fuel.....

i have named the as previously unnamed small fixed blade. well, howie long named it for me the other night during the colts/ravens game. The Pocket Pickle. delighfully offensive and food related at the same time! wonderful!

talked to aldo yesterday and attempted to figure out how much weight we will be shipping back and forth! sounds like alot. 1095, 154cm, and cpm154. wish i could buy by the pound! instead of the other way! LOL!

i have nailed down the pattern for the Grind In. i think its the perfect size and shape for the project. and we will be able to create almost ANY blade shape after heat treat, when done correctly. everyone should come away with a one of a kind!

orders for the Q Chopper. the one Que used at the chop in: i will be getting these out of the next batch. anyone interested, post up. i need to figure out a good number to get going, as they take a ton of material and i don't want to use ALL my resources on solely THAT pattern. if we have already spoken, send me a refresher PM.

special orders: i am done taking on project which are not of my creation. it just plain takes TOO long. now, i MAY make exceptions on occasion. and still take care of PALS. ;) but if you would like advice on creating your own knife of your design, i will be more than happy to help you! or point you to someone who is still doing work like that.... but i am out of that game. sorry, guys!

other than that... another BEAUTIFUL day in indiana! how about you guys?!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    You have been a busy man! Stumbled across the website the other day and fell in love with a few different styles (including the chopper).

Keep up the great work. The blades look fantastic.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Awesome. It's very cool when your hobby can come close to supporting itself (or at least make some of the money back so you can afford to buy some more material to make more, which is my personal goal)...even cooler when others really like the things you make, and your knives look pretty damn good. If every penny I have extra didn't go to trying to make my own, I'd buy that smal 3V knife you have in the classifieds in a second.

I need to get in gear this year. I've switched to third shift and am still trying to figure out a sleep schedule and time I can even get into the "shop". Plus I'm finding that my coworkers want knives, but want things I wasn't really planning on making. So, I just started trying to figure out what my next batch of knives is going to consist of.

Basically, I'm moving at a snail's pace so far this year.

Last edited:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pocket Pickle? This has nothing to do with the famous Mae West quote, does it? "Is that a pocket pickle, or ya just happy to see me"? ;)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm glad to see this is going well for you. There's an old saying: never take your hobby and make it your job.

I disagree with that. If you can make a living doing something you love, you're never actually WORKING.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm glad to see this is going well for you. There's an old saying: never take your hobby and make it your job.

I disagree with that. If you can make a living doing something you love, you're never actually WORKING.

I agree with the initial statement.

You have to do it right so that you don't end up hating your hobby. I've already found that "taking orders" adds a lot of stress to what otherwise would be a fun hobby. I've already had a lot of people that want this or that. I go into the shop to try to design and lay things out only to find that it isn't quite what I want to be doing. I do, however, take everyone's input as it helps me realize what people are mainly looking for in a knife.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom