• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Indiana State Senator Jim Tomes has presented us with a welcome start to the new year, Senate Bill SB181, a Knife Rights requested bill that would repeal Indiana's antiquated and irrational ban on the sale and possession of automatic knives.

SB181 is identical to the bill that was passed overwhelmingly last session in the Senate by a bipartisan vote of 46-1. That bill got wrapped up in election year politics and was never heard by the Indiana House. We have high expectations that it will fare better this year.

The bill is co-sponsored by Senator Brent Steele, Chair of the Corrections, Criminal and Civil Matters Committee that will hear the bill, and Senator Johnny Nugent.

If you live, work or travel in Indiana, please contact your Senator and ask them to support SB181. To locate your Senator, and/or the Senator who represents where you work or travel: http://district.iga.in.gov/DistrictLookup/

SB 181 represents the first of a number of Knife Rights legislative initiatives that you can expect to hear about in the coming weeks and months. These difficult times only make these efforts to protect our knives all the more important. Please support Knife Rights as we fight for a Sharper Future for all Americans™

Get involved...contact your representatives...

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    seriously I know more than 3 of us would like to see this bs repealed. if not even so you can carry a auto knife but just to take a dumb useless law off the books. one less thing .gov will be in your business about!

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    SB 181 made it out of the Committee on Corrections & Criminal Law with a unanimous vote (9-0) for "do pass".

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Great info... email will go to the good Senator today.
    This topic needs alot more attention!

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Update

SB 0181 passed the Senate on third reading with a unanimous vote and no amendments. :rockwoot:

It has now been referred to the House. It is being sponsored in the House by Reps. McMillin, Baird and Eberhart.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Not sure I will own an automatic knife (too pricey) but I agree that this bill would be a good law. Wonder how long it will be till Feinstein puts these in her sights!

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Never to late..Sorry been away from the site for a week due to ilness, BUT with that said just fired off some e-mails to my reps. Thanks so much for the heads up. I know I am 1 person but maybe just maybe my e-mail will help. One NEVER knows.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    I'm torn about this passing..... if it does bench made is going to be seeing part of my savings. And maybe even Microtech.

Come on and pass. :)

How long usually does it take for something to get voted on from where its at now till getting signed by the new Gov?

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm breaking out my "Jack Bower 24" Microtech Halo III.

Yep- that will be my new EDC...

Shake people up at work- "here, let me cut that for you"

LOL

Top Bottom