Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Seriously?

Gerber's new "Downrange" 'hawk.

SHOT Show 2013 - Gerber Downrange Tomahawk

Gerber Unveils New ‘Downrange Tomahawk’ Design | Defense Media Network

Downrange Tomahawk

And, of course, for the life of me I can't find where I saw the "estimated MSRP" - and I certainly can't find it again. I'd have sworn that one estimate I read said $280.

Love the way it looks - with the exception of the prybar on the end of the handle.

And that much money for 420HC? I'm slowly learning more about steels - but THAT steel for a tomahawk? Just doesn't seem...stout enough. I'm sure it'd sharpen well - but probably not last as a chopping tool.

-J-

AH HA! Found a link listing estimated price: http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs...r-tactical-gear-downrange-propel-and-tomahawk

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    that actually looks like a quality tool. I would never pay that much for one but still looks good. I would also be hesitant just because it's gerber an their quality has been **** for the past 8 years or so.

I am the cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Buck came out with something not too long ago. More of a camp axe than a "combat" tool. Similar to a bearded axe.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    that actually looks like a quality tool. I would never pay that much for one but still looks good. I would also be hesitant just because it's gerber an their quality has been **** for the past 8 years or so.

"looks" being operative? Agreed whole-heartedly on the looks. It looks great. $280 great? :n00b:

Similar to a bearded axe.

There's a mother-in-law joke in there somewhere just begging to come out.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thought that the Gerber polymer hatchets were supposed to be decent? Or that just because they're rebranded Fiskars stuff?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Is there a button out here to show drool? I guess my kids are much better at the whole computer lingo.
    275.00 though, doubt that I like it that much.. But I'd say the same about a Barrett.

Top Bottom