• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I received my knife today. Made in China. Come on NRA, please Buy American. And by American, I don't mean other that the US of A.

From a dissapointed NRA Life/Patron Member.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    NRA knife made in China?

I completely agree. I am not surprised though. I bought my first Benchmades a few weeks ago and to my surprise "Made in China" was stamped on the blade. It is hard to find a company that stays American made these days.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I completely agree. I am not surprised though. I bought my first Benchmades a few weeks ago and to my surprise "Made in China" was stamped on the blade. It is hard to find a company that stays American made these days.

Cough, hi-point, cough ;)

Honestly it does seem like it is getting harder and harder to find QUALITY products that are made in the USA. Other countries are leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of manufacturing high quality products at a lower cost.

Things that are made in America seem to have a hefty price premium, and often times end up being inferior products. :dunno:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Other countries are leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of manufacturing high quality products at a lower cost.

It's easy to do when workers are paid slave wages and there's little regulation (i.e. safety, environmental, etc.)

China is an excellent example.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Cough, hi-point, cough ;)

Honestly it does seem like it is getting harder and harder to find QUALITY products that are made in the USA. Other countries are leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of manufacturing high quality products at a lower cost.

Things that are made in America seem to have a hefty price premium, and often times end up being inferior products. :dunno:

Apparently you have never been to China... I have. You would see that their manufacturing technology and processes are not in any way superior. What you would see is a mass of humanity working in terrible conditions and making pennies on the dollar compared to American workers.

Before you slam our manufacturing, you may want to take a trip to China or another third-world country to see how they do things. I guarantee that you would come back here and kiss the ground and praise your current employer.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Was this the knife you received for renewing? I received a knife from the NRA (I thought I had selected a flashlight). It's a piece of S&#$! Something to beat the crap out of in the field to practice batoning I guess.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Apparently you have never been to China... I have. You would see that their manufacturing technology and processes are not in any way superior. What you would see is a mass of humanity working in terrible conditions and making pennies on the dollar compared to American workers.

Before you slam our manufacturing, you may want to take a trip to China or another third-world country to see how they do things. I guarantee that you would come back here and kiss the ground and praise your current employer.

You are completely correct, the company I work for owns a facility in China. Two years ago they gave everyone in the China facility a 50% raise, that brought some of them up the .75 an hour in US currency

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Uhhh just so you know Benchmade knives are made in America as long as you buy the Blue, Black or Gold Class. the Red class knives are either made in China or Tawain. NRA knives are of the Red class. Don't blame Benchmade for NRA wanting to save a buck.

y3khunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    It is a horrible trend these days, when you look at Benchmade, going to the red class, made in China, to save a few bucks. The big problem with that is someone buys one to get their feet wet, finds out it sucks, then never buys another Benchmade, so they end up missing out on the really good stuff. Spyderco also is now producing knives in Taiwan and China, but they do not differentiate these from their Japanese or American made knives. You have to really shop nowadays, a lot of the big box stores sell big names, but that are inferior blade steels and made overseas. take the time to research first.:patriot:

Top Bottom