• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Got to the 1500 today and picked up an ESEE 5, a replacement for the Izula I traded last week and I went ahead and picked up the Ethan Becker ESEE kitchen knife set.

I've purchased all of these knives from our very own Knifelady and Brad. Even though they have the best prices you're gonna find, especially on ESEEs, they could've charged me more and I would've paid it. You're just not going to find better people to deal with. Always good for their word, always supportive and always happy to do what is necessary to get you in the knife you want.

So, I got the whole family together for a family photo :D

7cd188b3b10d0ac5022edb8a3e236a12_zpsdb0ffcbb.jpg

And some group shots

f76c0036da6653a49a7592ac0a14f095_zps2f88c41f.jpg

Just waiting on my desert tan group buy 3 to come in. I love the 3, it's my favorite ESEE.

15c60f7716bdc791c4cb0e16ca8743e0_zps3f241707.jpg

The bigger dudes...

ed22887085a220d9e8c55f3f393b1a47_zps7c44a57f.jpg

And the biggest dude...

6c558bd6d909cf785293766b33be8845_zps598d2fe0.jpg

For the kitchen

c6bccaa89c0b45812fa76e7298ecc3f7_zps2b6db601.jpg

Anyway, I'm stoked to round out the collection.

Now Brad, about that Spyderco Native I handled today....:D

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm really interested to hear how the kitchen knives work out. Nice collection you have there. It was a bitter-sweet stop at Brad/Sheila's booth this time as I dropped a couple bills and had nothing to take home :( yet. I will have to be patient and wait till the group buy comes in for the new additions.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm really interested to hear how the kitchen knives work out. Nice collection you have there. It was a bitter-sweet stop at Brad/Sheila's booth this time as I dropped a couple bills and had nothing to take home :( yet. I will have to be patient and wait till the group buy comes in for the new additions.

Waiting is the hardest part for sure! It's all worth it in the end tho.

I will do a full on review of the kitchen knives in a couple weeks. I cook every night of the week I'm home and the wife cooks the week I'm gone. I'll get her take as well. Between the two of us we should be able to take these knives to task!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nice collection! I didn't realize they made kitchen knives now as well.

Thanks Irish!

They're relatively new. I think they were announced around mid year 2012.

Started using them yesterday, already own them with a small cut on my left index finger chopping potatoes. LOL, didn't hurt but bled like crazy. Fortunately, it was a slow bleed so nothing got on the taters.

Very sharp out of the box. Impressed so far, especially at the price point.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Eagerly awaiting kitchen knives review. I've watched a couple videos and done a little reading on them but there's not a lot of info out there yet. I'd like to get them for my camper.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    My wife and I have used those kitchen knives daily for about 5 months. They are awesome. My mom has also been using a set for about the same amount of time. She's a true southern cook so she has spent a LOT of time in the kitchen in her life. She says they're the best knives she's ever used.

I have Henkels, Shun, and all the others. The handle material is not as nice from a cosmetic point as the Shuns but the function is actually better---less slippery and don't tire your hands out after long sessions with them. Metal is great.

My wife puts them in the dishwasher, too, when I'm not looking! So far, so good.

Simply put, like the rest of ESEE and Becker stuff, they seem pretty much the best buy for the money.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Hate it when my wife puts a good knife in the dishwasher. One of the nastiest effects of putting anything sharp in the dishwasher is how badly it dulls up the edge. It's literally like sandblasting it.

Top Bottom