Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Google favouring some assisted opening knife retailers over others.

How Google Sliced Away Our Adwords Account

If you're Bass Pro Shops, Walmart, or Amazon, Google Adwords work for your advertized assisted opening knives all day long. If you're knife-depot.com, not so much.
    I failed the Voight-Kampff test.

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT Knife Lady's Avatar

User Info Menu

A closed mind can't learn.

Please be kind to others.

User Info Menu

This is one reason I prefer shopping searches through bing, aside from the fact that google doesn't have any firearms on google "shopping".

User Info Menu

I have to guess that because those other retailers are large corporations that have multiple relationships with google across all areas of business they will continue to get their way. It's capitalism, dollars speak. Maybe the other retailers (or just one) were negotiating some kind of deal with google and the removal of knife-depot from adwords was in the fine print? Who knows...the greater question is (at no disrespect to Cathy) who really cares?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I have to guess that because those other retailers are large corporations that have multiple relationships with google across all areas of business they will continue to get their way. It's capitalism, dollars speak. Maybe the other retailers (or just one) were negotiating some kind of deal with google and the removal of knife-depot from adwords was in the fine print? Who knows...the greater question is (at no disrespect to Cathy) who really cares?
    Anyone with a vested interest in the guns or tools industry. Google advertising has the largest audience in the world, by a ridiculously long shot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ryan3030 View Post
    Anyone with a vested interest in the guns or tools industry. Google advertising has the largest audience in the world, by a ridiculously long shot.
    As long as Google isn't banning guns or knives from being advertised then it doesn't really affect me or my interest in advancing the "gun & knife agenda." (I'm merely playing devil's advocate here) I know where I like to buy knives and don't need google or any other search engine recommending retailers for me so if they boot a smaller one from their list so be it. Life and business aren't fair that's the world we live in.

Master

User Info Menu

Google = evil
    Facebook = evil

And I used to think wall mart was evil .

User Info Menu

I just googled assited opening knives and got pages of info. Including shopping results.

Top 3 search results

Knife-Depot

Assistedopeningknives.com

and

Blade-HQ.

Not really picking up what your putting down.