• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I'm looking for a tomahawk (tacticool preferred) prolly will be used while camping light tasks only. I mainly just want to have it to have it haha. I want to be $100 or less...(less preferred) what are your suggestions?

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Estwing-ETA-27-Ounce-Tomahawk-Leather/dp/B00AXV0OVQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364793121&sr=8-3&keywords=estwing+tomahawk"]Estwing ETA 27-Ounce Tomahawk Axe with Leather Grip - Amazon.com[/ame]

61wXQl5VJIL._SL1500_.jpg

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Hawk yeah

I definately dig a tomahawk as an edged weapon. Ive had cheaper Sog hawks and top of the line custom full tang combat tomahawks and no matter how excellent the hawk it doesnt hold a candle to a hatchet in real world wood cutting. I only say this so you dont buy a $100 tomahawk and think it will out chop a $30 hatchet in splitting and felling lumber.

That said, I totally dig full tang. I have a Sog hawk their biggest one and it has a polymer handle so its light. I have totally beat the crap out of it. The low cost in replacing it should it break allows me to me much more liberal with the punishment I give it. It hasnt broke yet.

I like 1911s and Beretta m9s because all solid steel construction means alot to me. It just feels like a weapon should feel to me. A weapon for me should feel strong, heavy, sturdy enough to trust my life to it and polymer doesnt satisfy my need for steel.

A tomahawk is a weapon. For the price Condor and Estwing both make nice full size hawks with full tang steel frames. Estwings are truly made in America, I dont know about Condors.

I just purchased the Estwing double bit hawk a few weeks ago from Orion Arms Corps locally. They had the single bit traditional style and the double. The double is much heavier. Actually the single bit is very light for being solid steel. Again weight wins most times for me

2013-03-15185211_zpsfc010075.jpg

Thats the Estwing and the full size Sog for size comparison. The Estwing is 16.5 inches top to bottom. I polished the blade and the letters myself just having fun so dont look for this style if you dig it. Its custom, lol!

2012-08-11192523.jpg

Get your hawks off on that, lol

Top Bottom