• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Last year I made knives for my family members for Christmas and had intended to keep on doing so. However, at the beginning of the year my third kid was born (a little early) and the house hasn't really been the same since. :laugh:

I've been meaning to make a backup knife to mount behind my magazine pouches on my work belt to replace the kabar LDK, which is way too small to grab under stress. This is also one of the main reasons I started dabbling in knife making to begin with.

I drew this up about a year ago and had it laid out on some 1084 already, but for some reason it just didn't seem right.

I had the idea the other day (at a magical moment where I could get into the garage) to try them out of solid G-10. As it so happens, I didn't like this gray/tan color for scales. I made these out of it...

g10knivesdone-M.jpg

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Question from a non-knife guy:

The pointy bit on the handle end of the thing: Does the meat of your hand not overlap the end of the knife - therefore pushing that point into the meat on the edge of your palm?

Or do you have dainty little girly hands? (Seriously, that's a joke. I promise.)

For me, as a 6'3" with hands commensurate with my height, I'd not think that design very comfortable on a "smaller" piece.

Pic of one of them in your hand?

-J-

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Sweet design and your grind lines are ridiculous! Did you do these by hand? I would worry a little about the pointy pommel digging into my side when stashed or my hand when in use, but I understand why it is there. All-in-all, I like em'

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The pointy bit on the handle end of the thing: Does the meat of your hand not overlap the end of the knife - therefore pushing that point into the meat on the edge of your palm?

Or do you have dainty little girly hands? (Seriously, that's a joke. I promise.)

I actually do have dainty girly hands. :laugh:

I never had a problem with that point, but guys with bigger hands do (which I found out last night when I took them to work for people to T&E a little). I'm going to blunt that point a bit and see if it helps, or redesign the handle end all together if I don't like the look of it just being blunted.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Pretty sweet!

For the record, having little girls hands doesn't mean anything and it certainly doesn't make you less of a man..... Ask my wife ;)

In all seriousness, I'm digging the design. Wouldnt mind getting my hands on one to check out.

Top Bottom