3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    So I'm looking for my next fixed blade for edc. I've narrowed it down to these two

Zero Tolerance - ZT Ranger Green Fixed Blade - ZT121
    Or
    141 Nimravus® Tanto Product Detail

My edc folder is a zt 350 and its my favorite folder in my collection. My only benchmade is a fixed blade. The 375 adamas fixed in d2. Its awesome. I dont care about cost. I'm leaning to the ZT but can anyone make an argument for either side

Later

Jeepcrasher

The ZT has S30V steel which IMO is better that the 154CM being used in the Benchmade Nimravus. I would lean towards the ZT 121, but one of the most common complaints I hear about it, is the handle is too small for people with big hands. I would strongly suggest that you handle one before making your decision. Both knives will serve you well, it will come down to which one feels the best to you.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    If you get the 140bk, the drop point model, it will be much easier to sharpen than the zt and be a much more functional all around tool. the tanto blade shape is great for urban use but not much else imo! here is the one I'm talking about. 140 Nimravus® Product Detail . s30v is a better steal but no worries as 154cm is a great steal also. but my biggest concerns with it are the handle. the scales don't look like they go all the way flush with the edges. this will cause hot spots on the hands when using and I am very against such aggressive finger grooves. they make it horrible in any other grip than standard. in a reverse it would dig into your palm very bad.

the ZT overall length is 8 inches and the blade is right at 4.25 so that only leaves you with 3.75 inches of handle. if you have larger hands it's likely your pinky won't fit on the handle so that could be a concern for you. I dig the zt121 though. such a cool blade and I love zt products and warranty. I would say hit up brad and knife lady and check them both out.

Also if you really don't care about cost maybe well your checking those out brad or sheila could let you check out a few strider fixed blades :)

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I like the BM much better as a design but the SV30 is IMO a better steel than the 154CM. I have heard that if you order your knife you can get any knife from BM with any of their standard steels but I am not sure on that. It might be a question for Brad.

To touch on Grunts comment about the scales on the grip, I have those same scales on my EDC presidio and I love them. They are grippy and comfortable both.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I like them both. The grip on the handles on the ZT is awesome but they could have made the handles a little longer. So depending on your hand size you might want to consider the Benchmade instead. Both are good knives.

Top Bottom