• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I'm going back and forth between a ZT 0350(which I've wanted for a long time) and the new spyderco domino

looking for others opinions and maybe brad and chin in alittle on pricing ( I believe there's a $60-80 difference, spyderco being higher)

thanks in advance

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    2 different purposes IMO.

Spydercos are slicers but overall not super heavy duty prybars (for most models). Thin sleek blades

The ZTs seem to be less....slicer-y....but more....tank-y...

So I guess if you want a slicer or a super heavy duty folder (not to say the Spyderco isn't well built)

For the price too, maybe an Emerson? After handeling a few a friend has I've been considering putting one on the want list just for the hell of it

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm going back and forth between a ZT 0350(which I've wanted for a long time) and the new spyderco domino

looking for others opinions and maybe brad and chin in alittle on pricing ( I believe there's a $60-80 difference, spyderco being higher)

thanks in advance

IMO, the Spyderco Domino is a better bang for the buck even though it will be $80 to $100 more than the ZT0350. Here is a comparision.

Blade Steel: ZT0350-S30V vs. Domino-CTS-XHP (Carpenter)-Both good steels but most people will argue that the Carpenter steel has better edge performance.

Lock Up: ZT0350-Standard Liner Lock design vs. Domino-Titanium frame lock design. The Domino's lock up is stronger and uses better material (titanium).

Handle Material: ZT0350-G-10 vs. Domino-Carbon Fiber. The ZT350 G-10 has more grip, but the Carbon Fiber handles on the Domino are more classy and you can feel the weave pattern in the carbon fiber which adds grip that you don't always get with carbon fiber handles.

Opening: ZT0350 is an assisted opening vs. Domino-Flipper design with ball bearing system. Both knives open fast and smooth. I like the flipper ball bearing design, no spring that will eventually fail over time.

Both are excellent knives and will serve you well. It boils down to your own personal preferences on the differences between the two. :twocents:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Dude are you freaking kidding me? If you could I would recommend buying a hipoint and getting a 3 dollar winchester knife from walmart. the 3 dollar knife will need sharpened ever 3 minutes but who cares how often do you need a knife. I mean almost never. However you will use your gun on a hourly basis so stick with buying one of those.

Again just messing about. get you the domino. frame lock flipper with cts xhp. it's great steel and no springs to wear out!

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I'll always go for CTS-XHP, It's an awesome steel with great edge retention. Plus, it's a Ti framelock flipper.... What's not to like!?

tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    I really really like my ZT0350, but it is undeniable that the Domino is an awesome knife! I think that you should have both at some point, but definitely get the Domino first!

Top Bottom