• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Martinsville
    I would like to look into getting the trailing edge of my KA-BAR blade sharpened. I'm not sure when they started coming with the false edge on them, but I'd like it to be all that it can be in case of moose or squirrel attack..any ideas? Also, does this interfere with its legality? I carry it on my belt frequently and don't want any trouble from the law over it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    True..That would be better.I have a long diamond stick (oval)that would work. One should not have to remove much steel on a false edge.

Yep! I've done it on a couple of air force survival knives. I think both were Camillus. The false edge was almost sharp with essentially a "zero edge," so I just finished it. In fact, the false edges on those knives were significantly sharper than the primary edge because the blade is a lot thinner there.

legalninja3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    I'm new to the board and need an old Ka-Bar I've had for 10yrs or so sharpened. I tried it and messed up. Located in Hamilton County and a new ACC member as well. Any help?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm new to the board and need an old Ka-Bar I've had for 10yrs or so sharpened. I tried it and messed up. Located in Hamilton County and a new ACC member as well. Any help?

Welcome to the Forum! Most new folks post in the INTRO section first.

Top Bottom