• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Got a cheap sword that sports a paracord wrapped handle but its getting loose. Ive never had much luck wrapping paracord so Id like some opinions on doing something else. This sword really isnt used its just a project piece. Ive so far recontured the blade but gotta do something with the handle. What is an easy and preferably cheap option?

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    smoky mountain knife works sells all manner of DIY knife slabs as do a lot of other places on the NET.

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I have refurbished some old butcher knives using oak that I got from Lowes approx. 2"-1/8" x 3 foot piece they sell. I also used 3/8" brass rod for rivets, also got at Lowes. I used epoxy to firmly attach handle to blade shank also clamped it till setup. A little sanding and several coats of polyurathane and they look great...

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I have refurbished some old butcher knives using oak that I got from Lowes approx. 2"-1/8" x 3 foot piece they sell. I also used 3/8" brass rod for rivets, also got at Lowes. I used epoxy to firmly attach handle to blade shank also clamped it till setup. A little sanding and several coats of polyurathane and they look great...

^--This. Or Leather wrappings. Lightly wet leather, wrap as tight as you can and secure it as you see fit. Let fully dry, it'll cinch itself down further as it contracts from drying.

Top Bottom