• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I haven't had a whole lot of time to make anything this year, but finally have a bunch of heat treated blanks back from Peters Heat Treat to work on. This is the first of five hatchets I have ready to be made. This one wasn't actually completely finished (needed more hand sanding to smooth things out a bit, plus i would have liked to bead blast it), but the friend of mine I made for wanted it and has it already. He isn't really into fancy tools and will give this thing a good beating. I can't wait to see how he likes it once he's used it a bit. :):

Yeah, these photos aren't that good and there is WD-40 and fingerprints all over the hatchet in both pics...

1381708_10202268082807449_1121755085_n.jpg

1384298_10202268080607394_833477746_n.jpg

Last edited:

shaynster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Rochester
    I just got into making knives and was thinking about trying a hatchet. I was wondering what steel you used and where you got it.

Thanks,
    Shayn

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Selling any? Price? :cool:

Either way very nice :rockwoot:

I wouldn't want to break any INGO rules by selling any through here. I really just wanted to show them off since I'm kind of proud of them and like how they turned out.

Pretty much everyone that has seen them has wanted one (well, they say that anyway), so hopefully next year I can work toward making that happen without breaking any rules.

Oh, and thanks all for the kind words.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Wow! Beautiful work! I like the lanyard hole and the green :thumbsup:

That green one is the newer version. The brown and black ones were cut out about a year ago and I've tweaked the design a little since.

I bought the last few sheets of that sage/OD G-10 and like it a lot. Unfortunately, I think it was a limited run and I can't find it anymore. I really like it.

Top Bottom