Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Tomahawks!

User Info Menu

Tomahawks!

So I'm in the market for a new tomahawk or 3. I want to keep the price fairly reasonable. I know that "reasonable" means different things to different people so I'm thinking for me the ceiling is $150. I want a "traditional" style hawk and I was wondering if anybody has any experience with HBForge? They are based in Ohio I think, and their prices are ridiculously low for what you get. I'm somewhat familiar with 2Hawks and one of their offerings is for sure getting picked up. I'm open to other suggestions as well. I'm mainly interested in polled hawks though. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Lucky

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Look into some of the offerings from Wolf Creek Forge, I have a Hammer Pole hawk, and their "production" hawk, both are amazing quality. My personal favorite of all of mine is my Swamp Rat Kill Devil

User Info Menu

I have some H&B hawks, including one custom. Jarrod is a great smith and they are fine people to work with.

My wife has a 2Hawks. It is a nice cast head hawk. I just prefer the forged hawks.

User Info Menu

H&B forged hawks are very hard to beat for the money. wolf creek is another great hawk maker. Coal creek forge makes some damn fine hawks also. A cheap version check out the cold steel trail hawk. they are forged and run about 25 bucks. there are a lot of options out there, especially on the knife forums if you look.

2 hawks is a nice hawk but as stated above they are cast and I also much prefer forged. He has great customer service though if you need it.
    Hello

User Info Menu

Happy with my 2Hawks, but haven't beat on it like I should yet. I plan on looking into some of the other makers mentioned above.
    If you can read, thank a teacher. If you can read in english, thank a Marine.

Plinker

User Info Menu

im glad other guys like hawks.they are a great tool.i have packed one since i was a boyscout back in 1959.packed one hunting small game & later when i got into trail riding & camping with horses,i always had one on my saddle i still take one anytime i hit the woods i passed my old scout hawk down to my son and picked one up at frendship.

M67

User Info Menu

Another vote for H&B. I've given my hawk hell for 7 or more years, has done great

There is always RMJ Forge

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick View Post
    Look into some of the offerings from Wolf Creek Forge, I have a Hammer Pole hawk, and their "production" hawk, both are amazing quality. My personal favorite of all of mine is my Swamp Rat Kill Devil
    I emailed these people 3 times about getting a hawk and never heard back.

I gave up on them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I get my throwing hawks from beaver bill.