• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It seems we can never have enough safety reminders. I work in the restaurant industry, anyone who gets caught cutting without a cut glove on twice gets fired, no exceptions. Knife safety is my life. Yet when I can't get that last tiny sliver of paracord off an axe wrap at home, I slice with a finger a good 12" away, not thinking. The esee 5 clears it's target and bites my finger! Knives are sharp, sharp knives are sharper! Always cut away from you like the knife path has no end. Got lucky on this one!!

null_zps3b530456.jpg

null_zps10cde99c.jpg

null_zpse2a75ccf.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I knew what I was in for when I opened this thread and I did it anyway! Good on ya for posting the experience and reminder!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ouch!

You know that once a knife tastes it's owners blood, it will always try to cut you.
    I'm sorry but you need to sell your knife before it's too late.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good thing it was just the tip of the finger and not any tendons. I went 26 years with no broken bones or stitches and on my 26th birthday I cut the top of my thumb bad enough I had to get 3 whole stitches just to keep it closed.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It seems we can never have enough safety reminders. I work in the restaurant industry, anyone who gets caught cutting without a cut glove on twice gets fired, no exceptions. Knife safety is my life. Yet when I can't get that last tiny sliver of paracord off an axe wrap at home, I slice with a finger a good 12" away, not thinking. The esee 5 clears it's target and bites my finger! Knives are sharp, sharp knives are sharper! Always cut away from you like the knife path has no end. Got lucky on this one!!

null_zps3b530456.jpg

null_zps10cde99c.jpg

null_zpse2a75ccf.jpg

1. You must now keep that knife forever.
    2. STOP BITING YOUR NAILS!!!! :nailbite: :nono:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My ego hurts more than my finger, it actually didn't hurt until they put the stitches it and yes I know I need to stop biting my nails ! stay safe

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Just prior to my last self injury while taking a small end grain cut, I was thinking to myself that if that edge slips, it will likely cut my finger. Yep, sure enough did.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    I was so excited to get my Cold Steel Rajah II I wasn't thinking of the weight of the blade and pushed the lock with the blade open. Blade falls and Im luck to have only slice the backs of 4 fingers. My wife was so OMG your and idiot and then after all the blood (lots) she told me I was being baby :).

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Well....I was cleaning some tarnish off the back of the guard. I had the handle in my left hand, the point down into a wadded up rag and I slipped off the guard sliding my finger down half the length of the blade. Fortunately my pressure was down and not forward and I pulled back as soon as I felt the bite. I had a stack of rags a few feet away I could have wrapped up the blade with but didn't bother. Yes.......I'm an idiot!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I concur... As with any type of knife be careful. It happens in a blink of a eye.

After surgery pic. I'll be having my 2nd surgery in 2 weeks. The cut in my wrist is where they found my tendon.

Top Bottom