• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I figured this was worth it's own thread. It's amazing. As many of you know at the chop in my rmj shrike which has been beat up pretty good, some how got broken. I didn't really care. That is why I buy quality tools. I called and they said send it in. I did and this is the response they sent me today!! Response:

"Thank you for sending us your tomahawk. We will be rehandling your tomahawk. Your handle was molded with what we thought at the time was a truely indestructible material (delron). We could not break it in any of our test. However, with time, it seems to get brittle and if it is dropped and lands ackwardly, is subject to break. Funny thing is, that it is almost impossible to replicate in tests. We will cut the old handle off of your tomahawk and re mold the handle with a high durometer synthetic rubber. We have had no bad experiences with the handle since we switched to this material.

We should be sending tomahawks for handles in two to four weeks and yours will be included. As soon as it is done, we will resharpen the edges and ship it back to you. Also, if you will let us know your shipping charge, we will reimburse you.

Thanks,

Richard Carmack
    Vice President

Customer Service
    RMJ Tactical, LLC
    Toll Free #866-779-6922 (EDT)
    100 Cherokee Blvd. Ste 306
    Chattanooga, TN 37405
    contact@rmjtactical.com "

im not not sure it gets much better than that!! This is why I pay a little more for quality stuff. Don't hesitate to do business with rmj!!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    That is great to hear!! They look like some quality products and for their customer service to be that great is a win win... I guess they have to justify the high cost :)

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Gotta love it when great customer service comes with a quality product. Nothing worse than spending money on "the best" and getting shafted if something happens down the road.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Huh, don't know how I missed this thread.

I love RMJ, great guys to talk with plus the CS if you ever have any issues. I picked up a Berzerker at Blade for a friend, totally bad a$$ by the way. Shipped it to him, his first time using it managed to snap off part of the left side of the scale. He got a hold of RMJ, shipped it back, slightly resigned the scales and took care of shipping both ways

For 400+ they better have good cs!

? That's better than a lot of gun companies out there who charge double that for a firearm

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Yeah mark. I haven't updated this but not only are they fixing it. He said they also went ahead and completely refinished it, sharpened it and they put in a new one of the diamond sharpeners. Can't beat it! That's about as good as it gets IMO.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah mark. I haven't updated this but not only are they fixing it. He said they also went ahead and completely refinished it, sharpened it and they put in a new one of the diamond sharpeners. Can't beat it! That's about as good as it gets IMO.

Told you at the chop in that they'd refinish it ;)

Now you'll have a brand newly refinished Shrike, then the hard decision of keeping it minty or popping it's second cherry comes into play

I really need to send my Talon in for some beard work, a good sharpening might not be bad, concrete and window glass kind of ding the edge a bit

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Did the mean "Delrin material" instead of "Delron"

Delron is a plactic company that makes delrin.

I have broken delrin plenty of times. It is a very abrasive resistant and hard plastic that can work harden and become brittle. Not effected by temps till well below 0 degs.

Top Bottom