• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I just ordered a custom buck knife. the website says 4-6 weeks. will it really take that long? I also have a 503 with the tip broken off. Do you think that will fall under their lifetime guarantee and be replaced for free?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    ... I also have a 503 with the tip broken off. Do you think that will fall under their lifetime guarantee and be replaced for free?

Seldom is the word "no" accompanied with a butt whoopin'. I had a leatherman that I had broken the tip off of the saw blade. I called their cs and told them what I had done and that it was older than 25 (their warranty period). She said that she would send me a label. When I got it back, they had replaced the blade, sharpened the others and cleaned and polished at no charge. The moral of the story is make the call. And if they do charge you, it is as It should be...

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    If you want to get through without waiting call 1-800-311-1412, they will already know you're calling. Ask for Cleo, she's the best.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    thanks. Just got an email saying my knife is done. When I get the new one I will look deeper into the warranty and post pics of both.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I got my custom 503 in the mail today. I'm pretty excited about it. It is kinda embarrassing carrying a knife with the tip of the blade broken off. I'm planning on contacting Buck this weekend to see if they will replace the blade.

Q0FNMDAwNTQuanBn_zps3f70370b.jpg

Q0FNMDAwNTUuanBn_zpsffc8af2c.jpg

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Very nice looking buck. What is the blade metal? I have noticed that they do have offerings in various metals that I have not previously noted.

What did they tell you about the repair of your knife?

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Sorry, I have no idea about the steel and there is no markings on the other side of the blade. I am not really a knife guy but I suppose it is what their custom shop typically uses. I just wanted a quailty edc that is easy to carry. They said they would fix the blade, so unless something changes Buck honored their warranty and got a life time customer.

Top Bottom