I'm looking for a nice folder for the girl. Any Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I am looking for a nice folding knife for my girl. Doesn't have to be huge, but nothing tiny either. Blade can be straight or partially serrated. Looking for something with a nice wooden handle as looks are important to her (as they are most women). I see a lot of garbage out there for $10-$20. I want something quality that will last a long time, but haven't been able to find many nice ones with wooden grips.

What all do you suggest? Price range is up to $100 for something nicer.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    bladeshq.com haven't purchased anything from them but they have a huge selection you can view and narrow down towards what she likes. i have an old buck thats really nice. I'm sure there is someone here that can attest to their current quality, be it good or bad.happy hunting.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I got one of these in a trade and gave it to my dad. He absolutely loves it. Almost had a panic attack one day when he couldn't find it. Downside is they are discontinued, so the price is above what you stated as your limit.

440 Opportunist® Product Detail

Another wooden handle knife I got on trade was the CRKT M4-02W. It's a nice looking knife, and you can read some reviews at the below link. Much lower $ than you stated, so maybe I didn't help at all!

Columbia River Knife And Tool's M4-02W Razor Edge Knife - Amazon.com M

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    My girlfriend wants a benchmade with the axis lock. She likes the fact she doesnt have to put her fingers under the blade to close it. The mini griptila has many colors and blade styles.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Get one with GOOD steel that takes a good edge. I have a Spyderco Centofante with VG-10 steel that is awesome. Not wooden handles, but G10.

IMG_7900.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The wood handles are hard to find in a nice knife anymore. But you might look into G10 it comes in a variety of colors and is very grippy and wear/corrosion resistant. A pink spyderco native is always a good choice. It dosent have G10 handles but a very well textured FRN handle and it is USA made with premium S30V steel that holds a wicked edge for a long time. Just send a PM to Brad he will hook you up. :twocents:

Midwest Chick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I love my Benchmade Emissary with the Axis lock. Speed assist, nice feel, good blade, not too big or too small, reasonable price. Brad suggested it when I was looking for an alternative to my mini-Barrage (also a very nice knife).

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I have a Gerber, its a Bear Grylls folder.. Had decent weight and great grip. The cost was under 30.00. I have used it on numerous things and it has held its edge. And my baby girl got it for me for fathers day, makes it even better. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom