I'm lost with out you, please come back to me...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I lost the knife that has been with me every day for the last 2 years... it was at the birth of my son and I actually whipped it out and asked to cut the cord with it... (no one else thought it was a good idea) it wasn't a perfect knife but it was mine. Brad even spent over an hour with me helping me choose the right knife... I used that knife on my fist squirrel hunt to put the sight back on my rifle when it fell off. We hung out on the picnic table once a week getting sharpened... it was a Kershaw speed form II with Elmax steel

And to top it off my EDC flash light is sitting in my tree stand 3.5 away and I can't seem to find the time get down there... my pockets are empty and so is my heart...

I know! A little dramatic, but hey...

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I lost my hk benchmade otf 2 months after I got it. Turned up under my car seat 2 months after that!

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have lost two knives this year. One was an expensive Al Mar folder and the other a custom fixed blade. I can say a very good single malt was helpful - for a short time. But, I have a hole inside of me now.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've carried my Kershaw for several years. I lose it often but it always pops back up. It's a strange feeling not having it clipped to my pocket in the meantime.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Still with out it...

I was pretty steamed the last time I remember putting it in my pocket...

A man that will remain nameless decided he would help me out and sharpen my knife for me after he borrowed it for a task... (knife is kept sharp on a spiderco sharp maker and strop.) He scratched the hell out of both sides of the blade while free handing on a stone. Completely missing the edge of the knife... this highly respected guy has been an outdoorsman for over 60 years and I couldn't believe he did that to my knife... it really does make me fell less "inadequate" when it comes to sharpening my knifes though.... I used to be slightly ashamed to need a "sharpener for dummies" but its gives great results...

Any ways, hope it shows up soon..

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I know how you probably feel. I'm getting quite attached to my Spyderco Centofante 3 with VG-10 steel. I haven't had a knife for awhile that takes an edge so well as this knife. I'm a total convert in regards to getting knives with quality steel.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    it was at the birth of my son and I actually whipped it out and asked to cut the cord with it... (no one else thought it was a good idea)

January 3rd, 2004 I myself was in the same position...My Cold Steel Voyager, constant companion for 15 years or so was in my pocket in the delivery room...I turned to the Doctor and said, "Can I cut the umbilical cord with my knife?" The Doctor said "Absolutley..Just put it in the tray and I will sterilize it with the rest of the instruments.." I was so happy, a tender moment with my knife and my newborn...Years later when I presented it to her would it be this Hallmark moment...Being a good spouse I decided to glance at my beautiful bride, who was huffing and puffing, legs wide open, preparing to bring forth my beautiful daughter...She was looking at me...No words being spoken as befits a marriage built on love, trust, and understanding...No words needed to be spoken actually...The look was clear...it was, "Are you ____ing serious???? Are you ____ing kidding me?"

I looked at the Doctor as I picked up my Voyager off of the tray...."Nah...I am good.":)::):

It comes up every now and again...Usually when her and a couple of friends are trying to determine whose husband is the biggest redneck....She wins after repeating that story....

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I lost a paramilitary 2 for 8 months. Tore the house upside down more than a few times, and my wife found it in the couch. There's hope for you!

Top Bottom