• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I have a great fixed blade knife I use. Very stout blade rounds out on the end. I love it and have not had to sharpen it in 3 years. Many deer on it for myself and others. Afraid if I try to sharpen it I'll screw it up. I don't know the factory angles ect ect ect. What can I do to put a good edge back on it?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yes, INGO member "7.62" can get your blade razor sharp. Also, I will be providing pick up service for those attending the gun & knife shows that I'm at. If you have a knife or knives that need sharpened, you can drop them off with me at the show and I'll get them to 7.62 since he lives close to me and he will perform his magic on them and will ship them back to you.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The old "Portland Oregon, pre -Fiskars Gerbers had some fine steel!****PS,ANYBODY can use a Lansky..yada,yada system coupled with Youtube or some other little tutorial and learn to sharpen. DO IT!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I have an old Gerber shorty I just put a new edge on with my Lansky I got from Brad.

The knife is sharper than it has every been since my dad gave it to me, I think a 40 degree angle is good for a deer knife, or 20 per side.
    If you use a cleaver or something that you expect to chop bones with maybe a 50 or 25 per side would be better but i would guess your knife would use a 40.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have a great fixed blade knife I use. Very stout blade rounds out on the end. I love it and have not had to sharpen it in 3 years. Many deer on it for myself and others. Afraid if I try to sharpen it I'll screw it up. I don't know the factory angles ect ect ect. What can I do to put a good edge back on it?

Yep as stated above I will be happy to get an awesome edge back on it for you! Just PM me and I will get you taken care of!

Top Bottom