• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmustang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Indy
    So recently I've been grabbing some knives for my b.o.b's personal use/protection etc and realized even quality knives u buy (especially the survival types) like some of the gerbers built for durability and survival either aren't that sharp or don't stay sharp after a couple uses...so I decided to give a professional sharpener I met here on INGO a shot...WOW. Didn't know what sharp was!!! Truly like I just got all new blades!!! If anyone's looking to make the knife "u think" is pretty sharp or take some of the ones u already have better than new I suggest u look him up....I got 10 knives back in TWO DAYS! User name is 7.62 thanks :ingo:!!!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm picking mine up from 7.62 tomorrow afternoon. Awesome gentleman to deal with. My mini barrage was not dull, but I guess it's now razor sharp with a mirror edge! I'll post pics soon.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    The 7.62 treatment sounds very impressive. Sounds like a NEW way to sharpen knives.:yesway:

Thanks Sheila!

I'm picking mine up from 7.62 tomorrow afternoon. Awesome gentleman to deal with. My mini barrage was not dull, but I guess it's now razor sharp with a mirror edge! I'll post pics soon.

You will be very happy! Thanks again!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Picked up my mini barrage this afternoon. As previously stated, it wasn't dull, but now it is in fact razor sharp. I'm very impressed to say the least. Not only is it scary sharp, but it also has a nice mirror edge to it now. The "7.62 treatment" is very impressive.
    photo.JPG

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Picked up my mini barrage this afternoon. As previously stated, it wasn't dull, but now it is in fact razor sharp. I'm very impressed to say the least. Not only is it scary sharp, but it also has a nice mirror edge to it now. The "7.62 treatment" is very impressive.
    View attachment 23820

Thanks for letting me work on it! Glad you are happy with the results!

Cmustang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Indy
    Thanks for letting me work on it! Glad you are happy with the results!
    Holy crap Jeffrey just zoomed that pic and realized u can see the words on the newspaper in the edge of the blade reflection...nasty! Can't wait to get my Gerber ultimate back this week!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just got my son's Ka-Bar Tanto back (after I wrecked it). "Sharp enough to shave a hair" - see if you can recall that movie quote - yep, shaving sharp. THANKS!!!

Blazing fast work and shipping too.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Just got my son's Ka-Bar Tanto back (after I wrecked it). "Sharp enough to shave a hair" - see if you can recall that movie quote - yep, shaving sharp. THANKS!!!

Blazing fast work and shipping too.

Thank you JJ. I enjoyed the challenge of repairing it!

That was one messed up blade (sorry JJ). I would like to see pics after 7.62 got done with it.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I picked up two knives from 7.62 this afternoon. One belongs to a friend who I had showed off my mini barrage to after the 7.62 treatment. He then brought in a pocket knife that he had carried with him while he hiked through 11 states. Upon his return he tried to sharpen it with a dremel, with very very poor results. I wish I had taken a picture before 7.62 reworked it. The blade was in awful shape. While still a low quality blade with sentimental value. At least now I can return it to him razor sharp, with the sentimental value intact.
    photo_zps4483fcf7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    The second knife was a brand new lower end SOG that another friend had left in my car after he had showed it to me. It was brand new, but I was less than impressed with the edge, so I thought I'd surprise him with the 7.62 treatment. Needless to say, it's much better than how it left the factory. I am once again impressed with 7.62s sharpening service.
    photocopy2_zps14ae0e6c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    7.62 has done three of my knives, a Grayman Dua, a SOG Trident, and an Emerson Specwar. EXCELLENT job on all 3. Currently looking for a POS Pakistani knife just to test his ability. LOL!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I picked up two knives from 7.62 this afternoon. One belongs to a friend who I had showed off my mini barrage to after the 7.62 treatment. He then brought in a pocket knife that he had carried with him while he hiked through 11 states. Upon his return he tried to sharpen it with a dremel, with very very poor results. I wish I had taken a picture before 7.62 reworked it. The blade was in awful shape. While still a low quality blade with sentimental value. At least now I can return it to him razor sharp, with the sentimental value intact.
    photo_zps4483fcf7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    The second knife was a brand new lower end SOG that another friend had left in my car after he had showed it to me. It was brand new, but I was less than impressed with the edge, so I thought I'd surprise him with the 7.62 treatment. Needless to say, it's much better than how it left the factory. I am once again impressed with 7.62s sharpening service.
    photocopy2_zps14ae0e6c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

thanks for the positive comments Jeff! Always a pleasure dealing with you!

Top Bottom