• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have to say, the Duck Dynasty folks have sure figured out ways to cash in on their popularity. I don't think there's a product category out there that they haven't tapped into.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I dig the show, and love the family values and morals that they stand for and behind; BUT I will say I think they are starting to get a little greedy.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I dig the show, and love the family values and morals that they stand for and behind; BUT I will say I think they are starting to get a little greedy.

I agree! The prayers at the end of the show and the use of guns in a safe manor are great things to have on TV today. But they are getting a little out of hand with all the merch. That being said, some of their overpriced stuff is pretty cool.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

I also agree to a extent. I mean a knife IMO is something they should have as merchandise. they are rednecks and always hunting. A knife seems like a logical thing for them to have their name on vs say the duck dynasty anti freeze.

I'm glad they teamed up with kershaw and not some junk ass Chinese company.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I don't think I would call it greed....you cash in when you can and when your popularity is high......bail as much hay as you can when the sun is out, because you know it's going to rain sooner or later.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Duck Dynasty edition Benellis! Duck Dynasty edition toothpaste! Duck Dynasty edition adult underwear! Duck Dynasty edition Head and Shoulders!

The Troy Landry edition CCI mini and maxi mags were bad enough. What happened to the good ol days where the only marketing whores were KISS? Oh, wait, Gene Simmons has a show now too...

Ugggghhhhh

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I agree with Brad. It's smart business. And at least it's not stupid Kardashian trash...

I can see valid point from both sides of the fence. Also , I don't think the DD guys are to blame in full. These companies know how HUGE they are right now, and look at it as a marketing ploy to put their name on their merch.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I can see valid point from both sides of the fence. Also , I don't think the DD guys are to blame in full. These companies know how HUGE they are right now, and look at it as a marketing ploy to put their name on their merch.

I know. No one should be allowed to sell stuff. It's just greedy. I respect the people that makes awesome stuff but I can't have any of it because they aren't greedy enough to sell it. Fans everywhere should be furious that they can buy stuff with their favorite personalities, teams, schools, animals, and gun brands stamped on it. The nerve of some people. Don't they understand how distasteful it is trying to make money on their popularity?

its been a while since we had a good commie post. That's for bringing it back!

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I don't watch the show as I'm not a fan of reality tv but I'm about sick of seeing their faces plastered all over everything in every store I go in. But I get it cash in while you're hot. And on the Kardashian comment I would much rather look at this
    Kim-Kardashian-24.jpg

Than this
    duck_dynasty_beards.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know. No one should be allowed to sell stuff. It's just greedy. I respect the people that makes awesome stuff but I can't have any of it because they aren't greedy enough to sell it. Fans everywhere should be furious that they can buy stuff with their favorite personalities, teams, schools, animals, and gun brands stamped on it. The nerve of some people. Don't they understand how distasteful it is trying to make money on their popularity?

its been a while since we had a good commie post. That's for bringing it back!

i say let tem sell whatever they want....just because they sell things, dosent mean consumers will buy it!, if you read the rant in the general firearms section, a man complained about some one selling a gun (in the classifieds) for 100.00 over msrp.

gerber makes 'bear grylls" knives...i dont want one, so i dont buy one! it's just that simple!, and i dont think i'll buy any "duck commander" knives either.
    i did buy some "swamp people chootem" 22mag, not because of the person on the box, but because the pmr30 (i paid 150.00 over msrp) for loves maximag's and it happened to be a 250 round box.

its' called free enterprise, and in a counrty where anybody famous(or with 15 mins of fame) can make a buck, why not take advantage of it, again free enterprise means i dont have to buy it from you!(or buy it at all) if i dont want to!

come on for peat's sake, who want's a ten thousand dollar kiss coffin? i don't, but some people did, they sold out of them.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kind of like Rachel Ray was overmarketed a few years ago. Just smart business to reap the harvest now. It will fade soon enough.

(I got the Duck Dynasty Christmas Album as an early Xmas gift BTW. :D )

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't watch the show as I'm not a fan of reality tv but I'm about sick of seeing their faces plastered all over everything in every store I go in. But I get it cash in while you're hot. And on the Kardashian comment I would much rather look at this
    Than this

FACT!!

But....Since Kanyee pretty much F'd everything further up........

I'd rather look at Beth Midler

Not Ruthless Perople Beth.....but Drowning Mona Beth

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom