• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    This questions comes from Goodcats poll. I see several people EDC their Izula or Izula II. How do you carry, position, sheath type etc. I have both an izula and izula II but rarely carry them and would like to.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I carry both as neck knives. But as a word of caution, a friend on the local swat team, told me not to tie them around your neck with a secure knot. The reason for this is, a State Trooper in Oregon about got choked to death when a bad guy got hold of his cord during a scuffle. I use spring clips on all my neck knives now.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I also have worn mine as a neck knife (a little bulky IMO) and tied a standard slip off knot so it could not get caught and choke me but usually I have the standard sheath and put a Bladetek Tek-Lock on it and carry it weak side horizontally.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ya I have tried the stand sheath around my neck with paracord but it completely obvious I had a knife under my shirt and really stood out. So looks like I should try a tek lock anyone else have other carry options?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Ya I have tried the stand sheath around my neck with paracord but it completely obvious I had a knife under my shirt and really stood out. So looks like I should try a tek lock anyone else have other carry options?

Find yourself a taco style Kydex sheath and try a Spyderco quick clip. They keep the knife much closer to your body and they're not near as bulky as a TEKlock.

Top Bottom