• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    My trusty Smith and Wesson spring assist of the last 5 years has finally bit the dust on me. So the hunt for a new EDC has begun. I am wanting to get something that just won't die, and if it does, I'd like a good warranty to back it up. I have been looking at Kershaws. The basics of what I want are made in the USA, and be spring assist. I do really enjoy S30V steel. The Kershaw S30V has really caught my eye, and I am going to go look around for one tomorrow to see how it feels in my hand. My Smith and Wesson had a flipper on the back side of the grip, so it was super easy to deploy with one hand. I was watching videos of the Blue, and they were using the thumb stud to deploy the blade. Can anyone with a blur tell me if it is easy to deploy? Also, what other knives should I be looking at? Never been to crazy about the look of Spyderco. I do not want to spend over $100.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    They are owned by Kershaw right? Same warranty and everything?

Just checked out their site, I'm really digging this one 0566 |* ZT Knives A little more than i wanted to spend, but may be worth it.

Any experience?

KAI owns both Kershaw and Zero Tolerance. ZT models are considered the higher end division of KAI. The ZT0566 is a relatively new model that has only been out for a month or so. I haven't had a chance to play with one, but anything made by ZT is usually pretty good. ZT knives carry the same warranty as the Kershaw brand and the customer service from them is about as good as it gets.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    i have a blur and zt350 and can say the 350 is a way, way better knife. i love the flipper style blade, very easy to deploy. the blur is ok, but my two biggest gripes with it are the grippy traction tape inserts (serious pocket shredder) and the thump studs. it's not bad to deploy, but they just aren't that great. in my opinion, i think you'd be much happier long term with a zt knife. i find their s30v steel to be outstanding as well. just my 2 cents. good luck!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    For what it's worth the ZT 0350 is my most used knife. It goes in the pocket more than any of the others and when I know there is some hard use to be done it is the only one I use. BTW you can't beat Brad's prices and service.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just wait for the knife you want Brad will be able to get the 0566. If the 566 is anything like the 560 it will be a great knife.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    IMO, it is kind of hard to beat the Zero Tolerance ZT0350 models.

0350 |* ZT Knives

Agreed...I love my 0350!

For what it's worth the ZT 0350 is my most used knife. It goes in the pocket more than any of the others and when I know there is some hard use to be done it is the only one I use. BTW you can't beat Brad's prices and service.

Got mine from Brad it is was the best price out there.

flatbroke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    whereigothereiam
    I have been carrying a SOG Trident Tanto. It has a lock and the spring assist is the next thing to a switch blade. Very fast and easy to operate. Just don't cut yourself. It's one sharp son of a gun!

Top Bottom