• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I have and don't care for it. I am kind of disappointed in ESEE for this one. Cheep blade steel (aus8) and a steel frame lock. Come on ESEE. If they would have used 1095 blade steel like 99% of their knives, and a Ti frame lock I would have liked it a lot better.
    Just my 2 cents.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I got one for Christmas, and have been pretty impressed so far. AUS8 is not cheap steel, especially for a $25 folder, and the blade action has really smoothed out in a little under a week. It's no CRK or Strider, but a nice little knife for the price.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    We do not carry them. It is made in Taiwan not in the USA. I do not have a problem with it being Aus8 steel but I do wish it had been made in the USA but the price would be a lot more. The reviews are mixed on all the knife forums so it is one's personal opinion. In all fairness some are comparing this knife to a ZT or a Spyderco which is absolutely ridiculous. You would really have a complaint if they charged you what a ZT or Spyderco cost.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have been carrying mine alot and coming from a bit of a knife snob that says something :) Bare in mind it is a price point knife. For the price it is I think you are hard pressed to find anything better. I think it serves a great purpose as knife that can easily be replaced if it is lost or stolen(TSA). Do I want to trade a Hinderer or Emerson for one well ofcourse not, but when you compare it to others in its price range I think it is a no brainer over a cold steel or a gas station special.
    I really like mine and am impressed enough I gave one as a gift recently.
    And a final thought to ponder, if I was a polygamist with 40 sons I could buy them each a zancudo or myself one xm-24 Hinderer for the same $$$$......well I really need another xm-24 :) but you get my point.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I bought one use it as one of my EDC's. Great knife for the price. The bushing in the blade makes for no slop in the blade and is smooth to open. Can be opened one handed with little effort and fits my hand well( usually wear a size xl glove). The pocket clip holds tight as well. Over all its is hard to beat it for the price.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    First, this is not a true ESEE knife. The only thing about it that makes it an ESEE is the fact that the ESEE name is on it. Jeff and Mike (owners of ESEE) gave permission to a knife distributor to make this knife. It is not being manufactured by Rowen which is the company that makes all of the ESEE fixed blade models that we are familiar with. It is being manufactured by the same company (Taiwan) that manufactures the Ontario RAT 1 folders for Ontario. It doesn't carry the "no questions asked" life time warranty that the real ESEE fixed blade models have.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    First, this is not a true ESEE knife. The only thing about it that makes it an ESEE is the fact that the ESEE name is on it. Jeff and Mike (owners of ESEE) gave permission to a knife distributor to make this knife. It is not being manufactured by Rowen which is the company that makes all of the ESEE fixed blade models that we are familiar with. It is being manufactured by the same company (Taiwan) that manufactures the Ontario RAT 1 folders for Ontario. It doesn't carry the "no questions asked" life time warranty that the real ESEE fixed blade models have.

Ontario's merits as a company or lack thereof aside, the Ontario RAT 1 folder is actually a pretty good knife too, especially at the price point. There aren't that many sub-$50 folders with a flat ground blade that's made from suitably thin stock. They don't hold an edge long, but it's possible to get them really, really sharp and slicing very well without a lot of effort.

Top Bottom