• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I figured that now that I have got some higher quality knives it was time to get a proper way to store them besides tossing them on my dresser every day. I found some videos on youtube about storing knives in a pelican case so I decided to try it and it really does work quite well. The 1170 case fits all of my knives perfectly. So thoughts and alternate ideas?
    wZxdVoql.jpg
    atMZUHOl.jpg
    oInuCbyl.jpg

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    I'm using a Pelican 1495. It's about the size of a briefcase and I store the knives horizontal like you do with yours.
    Assuming all the folders are roughly the same length and thickness, I could probably get 30 in there. More if there are small ones
    The most I've ever had in the case at once was 23.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Pelican looks like a great idea. Is it possible to remove some of the gaps to allow more knives?

Yes I left 2 squares of foam in between the knives just because I can be a little paranoid. You can probably get away with leaving just 1 square of foam as a gap.

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    I have the same pelican case with ten spaces it works very well. The picture failed to attach. I also use a packet of silicone gel under the foam to absorb moisture .

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Pelicans have great products , seems to be my paper towel wrapped collection needs a better more secure home .

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As with firearms, folks, be careful with long-term storage of steel inside foam containers.

Foam can, will, and does trap moisture.

Moisture = bad juju to steel. Stainless or not, "protected or not". Best to not have moisture at all...

closed-cell foam if you can find it is better than open cell.

-J-

Top Bottom