• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I received this message from one of my customers along with the video........Holy Crap!

"Hey Brad, you sold your Benchmade 42 to me a couple of weeks ago in Indy and I figured that you might want to see the first competition that I used it in. This is just a qualification round for an upcoming tournament on JerzeeDevil."

[video=youtube;0qJvCGJWUF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qJvCGJWUF8&feature=em-share_video_user[/video]

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I can do a lot of the basics and some more advanced stuff with it but I keep all mine dull as hell lol. I would have lost a finger already.

very impressive! music sucks but his skills are amazing.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is awesome!!!

I think the music works for the video, some classic rock would'nt have the same impact as a very fast beat, hard bass song does. Death metal would be silly for the video, drum and bass techno would work probably.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :wow: That is some amazing blade work!

I will NOT show this to my daughter..I will NOT show this to my daughter..OK, I might show it to her. :): She has been after me to buy her a Bali for about a year. (She just turned 15, think she's ready?)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    :wow: That is some amazing blade work!

I will NOT show this to my daughter..I will NOT show this to my daughter..OK, I might show it to her. :): She has been after me to buy her a Bali for about a year. (She just turned 15, think she's ready?)

Start her with a trainer......less investment in band aids and fewer trips to the hospital. :)

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    That is an awesome display of persistence. Remember: You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great. ~Zig Ziglar

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Is there any real world value to that skill? I mean, yeah, its cool, at a party but will it help him do anything important. Opening the knife quickly is the important part. You can close it with both hands after you need it at your leisure.
    Its weird what some folks think is important.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Is there any real world value to that skill? I mean, yeah, its cool, at a party but will it help him do anything important. Opening the knife quickly is the important part. You can close it with both hands after you need it at your leisure.

Is there any world value in many of the things that people enjoy?...........sports, firearm shooting events, hobbies, etc. I don't necessarily think that it is "important", but I do find entertainment value in watching, and I'm sure the people that are into Balisongs as a hobby, whether collecting or competing in competitions will tell you it's just as important as your hobby or passion that may not have any "world value" :twocents:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I had the same doubt about utility.

I think this activity is more art than martial skill. I am not saying that in criticism, but to help Caveman understand that it is not a failure of practicality, rather a demonstration of aesthetics.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is fringed ny real world value to that skill I mean, yeah, its cool, at a party but will im do anything important. Opening the knife quickly is the important part. You can close it with both hands after you need it at your leisure.

Actually like a lot of asian hinged and chained weapons the art of opening and closing the weapon are a part of its intend use. The flashy opening and closing are ment to be a distraction. To draw the opponents attention away and create an opening for a strike.

I used to have a Bali and I was pretty decent with it at one time. nothing like that though. That's wild

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have no more straight 42 models that I'm willing to let go at this time. I do have a 42A (anodized) and a 43A (Bowie blade/anodized) that I'm thinking about parting with.:)

Parted with mine a couple years ago to rent a tux for my friend's wedding. Been somewhat looking at replacing it, whenever I can find one for close to original price that is :)

Top Bottom