NWI

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Never heard of them until now. A few models look pretty good though. Not sure how they would hold up.

Well, I just sort of ran across them. Seems pretty cheap for the blade steel that is used. That's kind of what sparked the question.

Vince

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ripley County
    Well, I just sort of ran across them. Seems pretty cheap for the blade steel that is used. That's kind of what sparked the question.

The bladeforums thread is a damn mess but there are a few dealers that are carrying them. A few people commented that the fit and finish was nice. Someone did raise the question about them importing S35VN steel into china.

Vince

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ripley County
    I will say this, I really like Justin's design they used. If I was going to buy one (might, still on the fence) it would be that one. I guess the one good thing is knife center would probably let you return it if there was any problems.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Oh it's terrible. Clones of Strider, Hinderer, Chris Reeve, Spyderco, ZT. And they are getting better and better. It's a shame. I am very hesitant to purchase knives on the secondary market without handling them first.

It reminds me of watch "homages" and straight-up clones. "Yeah, I have a Rolex, but I bought a $100 copy form China because I don't want to damage it, etc..." :dunno: I figure patina & wear are parts of the allure of buying something that can be a heirloom.

It's funny you mention ZT, since ZT has its "collaborations" with Hinderer, and now Kershaw has them with Hinderer and Emerson. Seriously, all "collaboration" means is a cheaper, "intelectual property that was PAID for" copy.

No, it still doesn't make the Chinese copies okay as it's still stolen work. However, I won't mince words about "diluting the brand" or other crap. If that were true, Kershaw would have a lot less interest in its 2014 line up...

Top Bottom