• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I decided i was in the mood the make some knives using the stock removal method so i started 7 knives today. The top three are resting after being normalized and have the bevels ground in. the bottom three still need to be profiled. I have another one that has been deferentially hardened and is soaking in the ferric chloride to bring out the hamon. Now i just need to find some handle material.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I use an angle grinder with cut off wheel to cut out the basic shape then files and the bench grinder to bring in the profile and then I cut the bevel with files and a 2x42" belt sander.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I like the third from the top. It immediately made me think of a Busse Sar 3

u8cvCGp.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well didn't get as much done today the one on the very bottom is profiled and ready to start beveling. The one on the very top is pretty much done just a little polishing and a few more applications of super glue and wet sanding for the micarta handle. And to anyone wondering why my blades are lacking a plunge line for the bevel it is blended in to reduce resistance if you need to stab with it.

and the exposed hardened window breaker

Top Bottom