• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Looking for a good EDC for around $100-120. I'm torn between the Hinderer 0556 and the Ken Onion designed 0350. Let me know what you think. Also, am I overlooking a better blade in this price range. FWIW, I already own a Benchmade Axis Bonecollector and a Spyderco Manix2.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Between the two you listed I prefer the 0566. I just personally like the design better. I've never honestly been the biggest fan on the Onion designs.
    As for knives you may have overlooked I'd suggest the Benchmade griptillian or the Spyderco Endura but you already have something similar to those.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I like the 0566 better too, Hinderer design framelock :yesway:

I'd probably remove the spring assist feature though

I like the 0801 Rexford design too, pocket clips are stupid strong though

If you're looking for something light weight, a 0770CF isn't bad for a liner lock

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    The 566 is a little smaller than the 350. Frame lock vs liner. Elmax vs sv30. Both assisted. Low rider pocket clip vs non.
    If i could have only one, I would get the 566 with black washed blade. Love the blackwash series.

They have plans for a 566 m390 blade with a carbon fiber scale. That would be really cool.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I just went through the same decision and went with a 0350 with blackwash finish.

I went with the 0350 because I had been carrying a Kershaw Blur and I had really like the recurve blade on it. Having said that I will own the 0566 in the near future :)

Both are great looking quality knives.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I was debating between the same two knives. I just met Brad yesterday and handled both and walked away with the 0350 (Tiger Stripe). I don't think you can go wrong either way, they are both awesome. For me, the 0350 just felt better in my hand.

Thanks again Brad for taking the time to meet with me (and taking my $$.. haha).

Semi-thread jack - anyone know what size torx bit the pocket clip takes on the 0350? I want to move it and I didn't have one small enough.... ugh.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I was debating between the same two knives. I just met Brad yesterday and handled both and walked away with the 0350 (Tiger Stripe). I don't think you can go wrong either way, they are both awesome. For me, the 0350 just felt better in my hand.

Thanks again Brad for taking the time to meet with me (and taking my $$.. haha).

Semi-thread jack - anyone know what size torx bit the pocket clip takes on the 0350? I want to move it and I didn't have one small enough.... ugh.

I appreciate your support and business.....Thank you! :yesway:

A #6 torx bit will remove the pocket clip screws and I highly recommend that you use blue Loctite on the screw threads when you reinstall them.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    It came in the mail today. Love the heft and feel of it. I want this to be my EDC. Flipper is very hard to open. What's up with that? Do I need to remove the spring??

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I have a 0566. My flipper is not stiff at all. I would try to maybe loosen the screw that holds the blade to the frame. And when I say loosen, I mean barely move the screw. They are insanely sensitive. You don't want any play in your blade when it is opened, but you obviously don't want it too tight.

I like spring assisted knives, so I kept my spring in.

Top Bottom