• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    folks, i am not well versed in knives. one idea i had for my groomsmen gifts was to get everyone an engraved knife.

i wish i could afford to spend $100+ on each one, but that really isnt in the cards unfortunately.

personally, i love tanto blades with no serrations - but i think a fixed blade would be a bit more "elegant"

any thoughts/suggestions? i have a pretty limited budget (especially after some recent expenses) but i dont want to be handing out some garbage blade with a name written in sharpie on it :D

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    KERSHAW LEEK. A really functional knife and good looking too. Forty one dollars at AMAZON.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd get them a nice classic type folder. Not everyone is into modern folders, but pretty much everyone loves a classic lock back or slip joint.

If I were you, I'd look into the offerings from Great Eastern Cutlery. You can get some really nice knives from them for about $70 that will be heirloom quality.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    how mank units are you looking for. I may be able to hook you up. just pm me how many units you need and what you want to spend on them. i can then send you options on what i can get you.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Talk to brad. Tell him how many, and what you want. Honestly, I would not go for a leek. People rave about them, but I do NOT like an assisted opener. I would probably go for something like this:
    Kershaw Emerson line.
    kershaw-cqc-4k-6054brnblk.jpg

Kershaw Emerson CQC-4K Frame Lock Knife Brown G-10 (3.25" Black) 6054BLK - Blade HQ

Or

kershaw-emerson-6094blk.jpg

Kershaw Emerson CQC-1K Frame Lock Knife (3" Black) 6094BLK - Blade HQ

I have the CQC-6 from that line, it's great. I did bend the pocket clip being an idiot, kershaw is sending me a new one. AND the great thing is that if you break a kershaw blade, they'll replace it for like 10 bucks :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom