• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    First I didn't sleep much last night. Not all that uncommon really. But I was getting ready and walked out the door without my pocket knife. First time I've done that in years. Well luckily Brad had me covered with this:

knife%20pics%20004_zps93vipav2.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

knife%20pics%20005_zpsviim75ye.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Microtech Navy Scarab.

My first transaction with Brad. Wont soon be my last either definitely see why you guys always praise him so much.
    My first Microtech, My first DA OTF, actually my first auto. Lots of firsts today.

Pretty stoked. Sleepy, but stoked. At least now I can have something in my pocket so I don't feel half dressed.... oh wait where are my pants? No wonder all my customers seemed so awkward this morning.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The pants?

Seriously though I need those pants.

I'm fairly certain I left my usual EDC Benchmade is sitting on the TV table where I normally drop the rest of my EDC crap with the exclusion of my pistol.

If not and it is lost I guess I'll just have to hit Brad up again.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Holy Sh!# it is blue! I just assumed it was green until you said something then I had to see it. Sure enough. That's crazy.

Are you planning on carrying and using it? FYI: The last time Microtech made these (2009 -2010), it was a short/limited run, and once the market ran it's coarse, and they dried up, the secondary market on them went to $800 to $900. These Navy Scarab models will be a limited run this time also.....I'm not saying this will happen this time with this run, but I would bet there is a high probability.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you planning on carrying and using it? FYI: The last time Microtech made these (2009 -2010), it was a short/limited run, and once the market ran it's coarse, and they dried up, the secondary market on them went to $800 to $900. These Navy Scarab models will be a limited run this time also.....I'm not saying this will happen this time with this run, but I would bet there is a high probability.

As an EDC user knife, no. As a nice day out in the city/showing off to other knife guys knife. HELL YES! I just stuck in my pocket today because I really did forget my Benchmade at home this morning and I just wanted to play with it for a while. Rubbed my thumb raw already.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Think I may have to save some cash for a standard Scarab for EDC rotation. Playing with the firing slider is just to much fun.

The Executive scarabs are nice for EDC, no traction inserts with the same action with an MSRP of $400 something not a bad option IMHO.....

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Looks green and awesome to me. Does it have the ball bearing glass breaker?

Got my Ultratech from Brad and the glass breaker often let's me know I'm alive with a badass knife in my pocket. I am not a Rhino so my pain sensor's have kept me from bleeding...so far.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Looks green and awesome to me. Does it have the ball bearing glass breaker?

Got my Ultratech from Brad and the glass breaker often let's me know I'm alive with a badass knife in my pocket. I am not a Rhino so my pain sensor's have kept me from bleeding...so far.

Yes the glass breaker on the scarab models have the ball bearing on the end. If the "pointy" glassbreaker on your ultratech bugs you I suggest looking into the new updated Ultratech models with the new grip texture on the handles as they have a new "EDC Friendly" breaker that is not as pointy.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yes the glass breaker on the scarab models have the ball bearing on the end. If the "pointy" glassbreaker on your ultratech bugs you I suggest looking into the new updated Ultratech models with the new grip texture on the handles as they have a new "EDC Friendly" breaker that is not as pointy.

or spend $8.00 for a glass breaker replacement screw..... It's a flat head screw that replaces the "pointy" glass breaker that still secures the pocket clip.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Executive scarabs are nice for EDC, no traction inserts with the same action with an MSRP of $400 something not a bad option IMHO.....

Seriously dude. You scare me. I was literally just looking at executive models online.

But this one really cleaned out my knife and gun budget for a few months. :( but also :rockwoot: it's a confusing emotion.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Is the green in the picture how it looks in real life? I've seen it look a lot lighter in color in other pictures and really like the green that shows in your picture. Looking forward to your response.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is the green in the picture how it looks in real life? I've seen it look a lot lighter in color in other pictures and really like the green that shows in your picture. Looking forward to your response.

Brad's pic shows the true color very well. I was a little worried about the color too at first because I'd seen pics showing it anywhere from dark forest green to bright neon. But it really is a semi matte OD.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    That's awesome. On BladeHQ, it almost looks like a Kelly Green. I was so disappointed. Now I'm about to give Brad some money. I just need to think it over at work today. It's no small chunk of change...

Top Bottom