• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hey ingo.

Just wondered what everyone will be carrying into the woods with them after October first.

Me:
    Kershaw junkyard dog in the pocket, inside the coveralls.
    Kabar Becker bk2 strapped to the outside of my pack.
    Half breed mini fixed bladed inside the pack with the rest of the dressing gear.

God bless
    - Shred

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I go or just help someone afterward, I shall rely primarily on an ESEE 3. Thin, very sharp drop point that is long enough to do serious work and short enough to be controllable.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Normally I just carry my daily carry which is a Chris Reeve Sebenza 25. Last year I had this fancy fixed blade in my hunting bag and after I gutted the deer and hauled it up to the barn to skin it I couldn't find the knife so I just used the Sabenza to skin the deer and cut the meat off. The next morning I found the fixed blade out where I gutted the deer. Who knows, maybe I'll use the fixed blade this year. I think it's a Gerber knife with the a gut hook.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    Ontario Rat 3, or AG Russell Loveless drop point, but I am always scared I will loose the Loveless. But honestly the Rat is one of the best small fixed blade for the woods I have ever had. It is not so expensive that you worry about it, holds a great edge and is just right for working inside a body cavity. JMHO.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Last time I field dressed a deer I used an old slip joint with a razor sharp blade. It doesn't take much as long as it's sharp and retains a good edge. Anything else is just added weight you have to carry.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I used my tom krien bushcrafter last year and it was amazing. scandi edge plain ol'e 01 steel. worked awesome but is also one of the sharpest blades ever. It was great size and everything I needed. The year before that I used a case hunter/trapper 3 blade set up. It has a bone saw and two nice blades along with a gut hook. I really liked it also.

Who knows what I'll be carrying this year if I can make it out lol. Damn you life and kids!!

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The same Buck Personal (4.5” blade) that I have carried in the woods with me for 35 plus years.
    Top knife.

10845983_321045794760899_7151674768757399912_n.jpg

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    I have been very happy with my Elk Ridge er-107. It is inexpensive, but has a handsome burl handle. The first time I used it to dress a deer I retired my prior winchester fixed blade.
    ER-107.jpg

Top Bottom