Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: ZT 452 CF

Plinker

User Info Menu

ZT 452 CF

I saw one of these at the Evansville gunshow today and I was tempted to take it home with me. The dealer only had one on hand and this one ws a bit hard to flip open so I passed. I just looked it up on the web and the price online was about $30 higher than his. I might should have bought it anyway and worked on the hard opening part myself. Any ZT 452 owners on here ?

M67

User Info Menu

I've held a lot of 0452 CFs, and some have really stiff detents, others are perfect. I'm sure the stiff detents wear some but haven't flipped them enough to find out.

Planning on getting one in the future, they're a bad ass knife

User Info Menu

The stiffness of the detent is one reason why it flips open so quickly compared to some similar knives.

Another factor is that the location of the flipper relative to the pivot will affect the best way to make it flip the easiest. The technique for flipping my ZT0452CF is different than flipping my AdV Tactical Butcher, for instance. Once you learn how to flip the ZT0452CF, you'll be very happy with how it works. It's FAST.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Come in, Manacle Shark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    The stiffness of the detent is one reason why it flips open so quickly compared to some similar knives.

Another factor is that the location of the flipper relative to the pivot will affect the best way to make it flip the easiest. The technique for flipping my ZT0452CF is different than flipping my AdV Tactical Butcher, for instance. Once you learn how to flip the ZT0452CF, you'll be very happy with how it works. It's FAST.
    Is it possible to accidentally injure yourself with this knife? Just asking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danielocean03 View Post
    Is it possible to accidentally injure yourself with this knife? Just asking.

I was going to post an "Oh, snap!" image, but I can't find any that are small enough anymore.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Come in, Manacle Shark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I was going to post an "Oh, snap!" image, but I can't find any that are small enough anymore.